Los Angeles is arguably the nation's *plant-based* capital, with vegan eateries popping up on every corner. It can seem pretty overwhelming to sift through the various options, for vegetarians and omnivores alike.

However, our new favorite app, Wine n Dine, helps us choose where to eat by letting users post pictures of their meals and leaving some helpful reviews. If Instagram and Yelp came together to create a mega food-review platform, that beautiful baby would be Wine n Dine. Now, you and your friends can pick your next restaurant, and the meals you need to order, while sitting on your couch. 

With the help of Wine n Dine, I've compiled a list of the tastiest, coolest vegetarian restaurants here in the land of avocado toast and açaí bowls.

Zinc Cafe and Market

Katie Stone

Zinc is a spacious cafe in LA's Arts District with a beautiful front patio. Brunch time is a great time to visit, especially when you have a big group and you can't find a place that will seat you all. Although Zinc's menu is all vegetarian, there is no shortage of delicious options ranging from pizza to pasta to healthy bowls and salads.

Sunlife Organics

Riva Cooper

My favorite smoothie shop in Los Angeles, no question. Sunlife Organics is a Southern California chain that uses only fresh, organic ingredients. No matter what you get here, it's guaranteed to taste good and be good for you. They have a variety of delicious, colorful smoothies and bowls (psst, check their Wine n Dine page for evidence) but my favorite thing to order has to be the Goldie Bowl: a massive serving of warm oats mixed with coconut butter, chia seeds, and maple syrup.

#SpoonTip: Ask for peanut butter on top of your oatmeal. They'll drizzle a fat glob of the stuff to make this bowl the perfect start to your morning.

The Butcher's Daughter

Katie Stone

My first time at this trendy spot was at their New York location in Soho, but I made sure to check out the Venice location during my first semester at USC. Their brunch is not to be missed; think avocado toast, coconut yogurt parfaits, and almost every egg dish you can imagine. Everything can easily be made vegan, so it's a spot that will please all types of plant-eaters.

Cafe Gratitude

Katie Stone

There's no way to discuss veggie-centric restaurants without mentioning Cafe Gratitude. This is a Los Angeles staple with locations across the city. The food is objectively good, vegans and non-vegans alike rave about the buffalo cauliflower and the hearty, Whole bowl. Cafe Gratitude is a must-try in this city that's full to the brim with high-quality veggie food. 

There are plenty more options to get your vegetarian fix, but these are just a few of my favorites. And if you're curious about a tempeh bolognese or vegan cheese lasagna, but you have no idea what that even looks like, head over to Wine n Dine so you can see what you're getting before you even order it.