Believe it or not, there's a whole world of beer out there other than those typical college party staples you see in coolers, such as Natural Light and Pabst Blue Ribbon. If you're on the fence about liking beer, it's more than likely you've been drinking the wrong brand. These are 10 of the best-tasting beers—sample a few and try claiming that beer is still the worst.  

1. Corona with a Lime 

juice, beer
Melissa Miller

Give a Corona its lime and you will get a perfect, refreshingly light beer. At only 100 calories and five carbs per Corona Light, this beer is going to become your new favorite summer drink. At only approximately $13 per 6-pack, you won't bust the bank or your waistline at that upcoming summer barbecue either. 

2. Abita Purple Haze

Purple Haze is a lager brewed with real raspberries, which gives the beer its distinct fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste. Its fun purple color will not be the only enjoyment you get from drinking this beer, as many people swap out their dessert for this 128-calorie Abita favorite. 

3. Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy 

A personal favorite, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is a crisp light beer with a natural lemonade flavor. The perfect beer for those looking to graduate from the super sugary Mike's Hard, make sure to get out there and stock up while this summer staple is still available.  

4. Bud Light Lime 

The superior drinkability of Bud Light paired with 100% natural lime flavor will make any picky beer drinker fall in love with Bud Light Lime. If you're still a beer-drinking newbie, check out this article on how to properly shotgun a beer.

5. Shock Top

Shock Top is a spiced Belgian-style wheat beer, brewed with real orange, lemon, and lime peels for a smooth, citrusy finish. While this chill beer can convert any non-beer drinker into one, Shock Top also offers popular grapefruit and lemon shandy flavors for the extra picky few.

6. Landshark Lager

Landshark Lager is so drinkable and refreshing that whenever you drink one, you'll feel like you are living the island lifestyle. Looking for the best summer dish to pair it with? Check out this article written by a self-proclaimed beer snob.

7. Blue Moon 

This Belgian White beer is brewed with Valencia orange peels to give Blue Moon its signature subtle sweetness. Crisp, tangy, and slightly spicy, this 170-calorie beer will pair perfectly with some light fish tacos this summer.

8. Abita Strawberry Lager 

This lager uses real Louisiana strawberry juice added after filtration, which gives it its wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and smell. The perfect beer for those who hate the taste, you might just start pairing this Abita brew with your summer strawberry shortcake

9. Miller High Life

Considered the "champagne of beers," Miller High Life has been a favorite for over 100 years. Brewed with the yeast Miller's founder brought over from Germany, this highly carbonated, consistently crisp and smooth take will encourage all drinkers to "take back the high life." 

10. Samuel Adams Summer Ale

Samuel Adams Summer Ale has a kick of citrus you will want to drink year-round. Brewed with orange, lemon, and lime peels, this goes above and beyond other lemon-forward ales on the market. Grab a pack of seasonal Sam Adams to sip poolside during the year's hottest months.

I'm not really a beer lover myself, but I will always be down to crack open one of these 10 best tasting beers. However, if these are still not working for you, try making your own beer cocktails.