Twitter is not just a social network. For many brands, Twitter is a necessary part of marketing. Some accounts are strictly professional, but many fast food chains have made it a goal to get an audience in fun and unconventional ways. From sassy comebacks to weird GIFs, fast food Twitter accounts have started a new way to market to a new generation in 140 characters or less.

1. Taco Bell

Taco Bell is every college kid's best friend. With a large millennial demographic, it's no wonder they do so well on Twitter. When they're not promoting their newest menu items, Taco Bell is tweeting celebrities like Drake Bell, Michael Jordan, and Tyler the Creator.

2. Wendy's

Wendy's is the most recent case of a fast food chain getting some traction on social media. 2017 started with an all out frenzy of Wendy's roasting unhappy customers (and competitors) on Twitter. It looks like Wendy isn't such a nice girl after all.

3. Denny's

Denny's is the king of Twitter. From nonsensical Tweets of wisdom to trip-inducing GIFs, Denny's has gained a cult following on almost every social media platform. Even Forbes declared the late-night diner as an account to look out for.

4. Oreo (and KitKat)

In 2013, one of the most beautiful brand romances was born. Twitter user @Laura_ellenxx declared her love for both KitKat and Oreo. Instead of beefing it out like some fast food chains, this turned into a beautiful interaction that could only happen in the age of the Internet.

5. (Nihilist) Arby's

This is not an official brand account, but it's too good not to include. Nihilist Arby's is a parody Twitter account that tweets about the inevitability of death, and the deliciousness of Arby's. It has since gained 255,000 followers, over a third of the official Arby's accounts' 713,000.