Many students rely on coffee in their daily life, but not all of them get what they really want. Some students settle for black coffee without knowing all that is out there for them to try. Especially at Syracuse University, many students do not explore the boundaries of coffee, so I am here to help push any student into this next experience in their morning routine. 

Peoples Place in Hendricks Chapel

Madeline Foreman

Hendricks Chapel has an assortment of interesting spaces to hang out, one of which includes a tiny coffee shop located in the basement. While there is no direct seating, there are benches in the hallway to relax after grabbing a sweetly brewed coffee. Peoples Place is the hub of sweet coffee on campus. While many resort to putting as much cream and sugar in a normal coffee as possible, these flavors come naturally to Peoples Place brews. They even have a coffee named Butterfinger... c'mon now. The only downfall of Peoples Place is that they only take cash, so make sure to remember to bring some when you go on this adventure for sweetness. 

Recommended Orders: Sticky Bun brew, Butterfinger brew or Snickerdoodle brew with cream and a tiny pinch of sugar

Madeline Foreman

Dunkin Donuts at the Schine Student Center

Madeline Foreman

Located in the Schine Student Center, Dunkin Donuts makes a deliciously sweet cup of coffee. While many may have negative things to say about Dunkin Donuts coffee, I have had very few bad experiences. The issues I have had are the coffee is not as sweet as usual, which is always fixed by asking for extra caramel. If you aren't huge on sweets, but could go for a sweeter coffee, this is a perfect fit. But, if you are a sweets lover, I recommend going the extra mile with more caramel. Schine also takes SU Food money for any students with a meal plan, so when you don't feel like spending money, Schine is the go-to. 

Recommended Orders: Caramel iced coffee with cream and sugar (Add extra caramel) 

Madeline Foreman

Starbucks Coffee on West Campus or Marshall street

Madeline Foreman

I can admit that I am not a huge Starbucks fan. Yet when I order a Green Tea Frappuccino, I suddenly become one. While this is not directly a coffee (it is technically a blended coffee), it does contain the caffeine that you would receive from one. You can get this frozen goodness either on West Campus with SU Food money or on Marshall Street with a long wait time but shorter walk. I always prefer this drink on warmer days or after a very long day of classes. The flavor is very interesting but delicious, and it perks me up a bit when I feel sleepy. It is an overall great drink as a sweet substitute for a direct coffee. 

Recommended Orders: Green Tea Frappuccino (with whipped cream)

Food.com in Newhouse 3

Madeline Foreman

Food.com does not have a direct coffee place where they brew  fresh coffee and create amazing flavors, but they do have containers filled with pretty okay coffee. Because their coffee is only okay and my coffee runs in Food.com are brief, I try to fulfill my quest to make the sweetest coffee as fast as I can. I have discovered the Hazelnut coffee is very sweet and good but very light, so instead of milk I put in creamer to thicken it, and I add the sugar after. I usually put about as much creamer as I can before I see a light tan. Food.com regularly has sweet flavored creamers, which I always recommend using. Overall, it's not the best of all the options, but it is a fast and quick option to get the sweet kick you need.

Recommended Orders: Hazelnut coffee with flavored creamer and two packs of sugar 

Madeline Foreman