It's the new year, which means people are ready to start fresh and create New Years resolutions. One of my resolutions was to eat healthier. As someone who is constantly snacking, it's important to me that the snacks I'm eating are healthy. This is where Beanitos come in.

Beanitos are tortilla chips that are made out of beans, rather than corn. They are much healthier, and taste just as good as chips from Tostitos or Cheetos. Beanitos are the perfect snack because they are filled with protein and fiber, and not all the artificial flavors, colors, and GMOs. They are great for dipping in guacamole and hummus, or simply eating straight from the bag. 

What Are Beanitos?

Whether you're into salty, savory, or sweet chips, Beanitos has you covered. They are all made out of either white, black or pinto beans. A serving of original black bean Beanitos contains 5 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and only 140 calories. All of  their products are gluten-free and vegetarian, too! They have tortilla chips, twists, and skinny dippers.

Beanitos sells many different products, so here's a rundown on how each variant tastes!

White Bean

Hannah Freiberg

The first white bean Beanito product is the Mac n' Cheese Crunch. These are like the healthy version as cheese puffs.

The next chip was Garden Fresh Salsa, a tortilla chip just like most of the Beanito products. I liked this flavor, but it wasn't my favorite.

Next was Sweet Chili and Sour Cream. This chip had tons of flavor and a little spice. Hint of Lime was one of my favorites; it was definitely strong, but I loved it.

Another favorite was the restaurant-style chips. This is your classic tortilla chip, and goes great with salsa or guacamole. Lastly, the white bean nacho chips are cheesy and delicious! 

Black Bean

Hannah Freiberg

Beanitos offers two types of Black Bean Chips: original and Chipotle BBQ. The original black bean chips were simple, and they go they perfectly with any dip. The Chipotle BBQ was the most unique flavors out of all of the chips, and reminded me of classic BBQ chips. 

Pinto Bean

The first pinto bean chip I tried was the simple pinto. Like its name implies, these chips had a great pinto flavor, but wasn't too overwhelming. I also tried the Better Cheddar and Sour Cream flavors, both of which I loved for their health factor and decadence.

White Bean Twists

Hannah Freiberg

The white bean twists are light and crunchy 'twists' in two flavors: Salted Caramel and Cinnamon. I tried the Salted Caramel and was happily surprised. I wasn't sure how Salted Caramel would taste in a crunchy snack, but before I knew it, I had eaten almost half the bag! 

Skinny Dippers

Hannah Freiberg

The skinny dippers are new to the Beanitos family, but just as delicious. They come in two flavors. White Bean with a hint of lime and Black Bean. I loved the hint of lime - they are definitely strong, but I'm a fan of hint of lime chips. The black bean skinny dippers were delicious too, and both contain 25% less fat than leading brands of regular tortilla.

Where Can I Get Beanitos?

Luckily for you, you will not have to travel to far to find a bag of 'Nitos near you. Many big supermarkets like Fairway and Stop and Shop sell them, as well as Walmarts and ShopRite. If you can't find them near you (or just don't feel like leaving the house), they are also available for purchase on Amazon

Overall, I know I will continue eating Beanitos. They are the perfect snack at home or on the go, and I love that they are so healthy!