It's that time of the year again! Starbucks' has released their Holiday menu. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm the first one in line to order the delicious peppermint mocha, but seasonal drinks aren't the only thing Starbucks rolls out for the holiday season. They're back baby, I'm talking about the delicious Cranberry Bliss Bars. I can still remember the first time I had one, pure taste bud heaven. Sadly these Cranberry Bliss Bars sell like hot cakes and by the time I get to buy them they are all sold out! So like any sane person, I look at Pinterest for answers. But are copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars better than Starbucks'? 

Starbucks

These yummy bars are a great seasonal treat. Essentially they are a blondie filled with cranberries and white chocolate topped with a cream cheese frosting, drizzled with white chocolate and topped with cranberries. Starbucks' Cranberry Bliss Bars are found at your local Strabucks but only seasonaly and as long as they don't sell out. 

Samantha Avalos

Copycat

Reconstructing something you've eaten is not an easy task. When going on Pinterest you'll find many different versions of this recipe but to make it simple all you need is a recipe for these bars and then add what you want. I recomment this recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars by Lori Lange. It is easy to follow and they come out really delicious. When customizing consider mixing up the flavor, the Starbucks version has a light lemon taste which you can add, or if you don't love the taste of cream cheese just add an extra cup of powdered sugar which is what I do. The best part of the copycat version is you can make these your own, want nuts? Add them. Want more white choclate chips? Put the whole bag in. Plus you can make a lot, so instead of buying one triangle, you get a whole pan.  

Samantha Avalos

Starbucks vs Copycat

Head to head I would say the copycat version comes out to a tie. With the copycat version not only do you get a whole pan of Cranberry Bliss goodness you can add exactly what you want. However, if you don't want to spend the time in your kitchen then driving through Starbucks to pick some up is a great way to go. Just remember these little babies are seasonal so pick some up before they go, but incase you miss out you always have a backup Copycat recipe.