Walking down the isle of CVS, I couldn't help to notice the healthy snack options. My mouth honestly dropped in awe. Five years ago, you would only find candy, chips, and sugary energy drinks stocked up on the shelf of convenience or pharmacy stores. As a full-time student and working part time, I live a busy life and I sometimes don't have time to sit down to eat a proper meal, but I want to be able to put goodness to full my body. 

Key notes when I look for a healthy snack; I pay attention to the amount of protein, sugar, and fiber, I look at the ingredients list (the shorter the better), and compare the calories per serving to how big the snack is. I had the opportunity to test out a variety of samples from CVS. Stores like these are super convenient when you are traveling and your stomach is growling. CVS is more than a pharmacy or a place to buy drugstore makeup. Here are a few items you might find at your local CVS!

LARABAR

LARABAR are typically made with 6 or less whole ingredients. By whole, I mean real, unprocessed, GMO-free foods. Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and soy free, but definitely delicious. These bars are a chewy blend of dried fruits, nuts, and spices. A great snack for the in-between class pick-me-up. 

Gold Emblem Abound Products

Elizabeth Cunningham

There is such a variety of products from Gold Emblem Abound sold at CVS. My favorites from this selection is the hazelnut chocolate almond butter, the organic instant oatmeal, and the heavenly light popcorn. These products are a smart option for portioned snacks. 

Quest Nutrition

I was pretty skeptical with this product because usually protein bars are packed with sugars. Boy I was wrong! A S'mores Quest Bar has 21 grams of protein, less than 1 gram of sugar, and 14 grams of fiber. No added sugar and gluten free, this protein bar certainly taste like a decadent cookie. It's a perfect, healthy on-the-go grab.

Elizabeth Cunningham

I have always been a fan of Kind Bar, but I have never seen Kind Cluster Granola before. I was not disappointed when I reached for my morning Greek yogurt and banana. This peanut butter flavored granola will have your taste buds buzzing. Not only is it delicious, it is nutritious. The crunchy granola has 10 grams of protein per serving, 100% whole grain, and a good source of fiber. Most granola can be sneaky with the amount of sugar, however this one is not with only 5 grams of sugar per serving. There are other granola flavors to try or a Kind Nutrition Bar

Elizabeth Cunningham

Chips aren't the healthiest munchy until these zesty goodness came into stores. Protes Protein Chips blew my mind and taste-buds. These chips are a healthier version to your typical processed chips. Eaters be aware, the chips are addicting. #SpoonTip pour into a portioned bowl so you do not eat the whole bag in one sittin

You never know where you find healthy quality snacks. Who knew CVS was making such an effort for this change. 2018 is a year for happy and healthier intentions, for your body and your mind. If you eat well, you will preform well. Life gets busy and that is why a quick, cheap, and convenient snack will serve yourself justice. There are so many more food and drink options found on the shelf then what I have listed. If I did't convince you, then check out CVS for yourself. Have you ever wondered what CVS truly stands for: come very soon!