Halloween; it's the candy-filled holiday that's right around the corner. If you're anything like me, you still haven't prepped for it and are starting to feel like a major slacker. While I'm in no major rush to prep, some people might be, and that's totally understandable, but I have a question for you; do you have wine near you? No; well thanks Winc, now you can have wine with your trick-or-treats this year. 

The pairings themselves:

Liz Abere

With a total of seven pairings to choose from this year, Winc has you covered with something to try; unless you're like me and want to try everything. Winc's wines for the pairings range from a bottle of sparkling, to a bottle of chillable red, to a bottle of their popular Summer Water; except it's the bubbly version. Candies range from nerds to candy to all things chocolate.

The candy: Candy corn // The wine: 2018 Debts and Lessons Riesling

According to Winc, candy corn is well known as the ultimate Halloween treat. To match it’s honey-sweet flavors, grab a bottle of Debts and Lessons which beautifully balances acidity and sweetness. Winc's 2018 Debts and Lessons Riesling comes with a screw cap, which makes drinking even easier. The wine itself is one of my personal favorites, and comes with an ABV (alcohol by volume) level of 10.5%; not to mention that the winemaking of this wine is vegan, so that's always a plus.

The candy: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups // The wine: 2017 Lost Poet Red Blend

As Winc would say, it's time to opt for a velvety red that’s bold enough to be matched with everyone's favorite indulgence -- chocolate and peanut butter. With an alcohol content of 14.1%, 2017 Lost Poet Red Blend has a medium body to it and is relatively dry, which would balance out the moisture that the cups provide.

The candy: Sour Patch Kids // The wine: 2018 Summer Water Bubbly

Everyone's favorite rosé is now back in bubbly form. Crisp and lean, this wine’s light body and minerality go hand-in-hand with the candy’s sweet and sour flavors. The wine itself has an alcohol content of 12.5%, thus making it easy to drink all by itself.

The candy: Tootsie Rolls // The wine: 2018 Keep It Chill

This chewy Halloween favorite pairs well with this refreshing and unique red, made specifically to be enjoyed chilled. Another vegan-ly made wine, 2018 Keep It Chill does come with a screw cap and an alcohol content of 12.7% and doesn't need to be chilled with rocks; instead, you chill it by putting it in the fridge.

The candy: Nerds // The wine: 2017 Finke’s Sparkling

Liz Abere

The various flavors in Nerds will taste even better when enjoyed alongside some bubbles. 2017 Finke’s Sparkling is a sparkling white blend with a cork that doesn't require a corkscrew to open it; thank gosh. With an alcohol content of 12.5%, 2017 Finke’s Sparkling has tasting notes of apple, honeysuckle, lemon, and pineapple.

The candy: Hershey’s Bar // The wine: 2018 Folly of the Beast

Liz Abere

This Pinot Noirs’ savory spice notes are a welcome accompaniment to the creamy milk chocolate without overpowering it. Clocking in at 13.8% alcohol by volume, 2018 Folly of the Beast has tasting notes of cherry, cranberry, earth, and pomegranate.

The candy: York Peppermint Patties // The wine: 2018 Chop Shop Cabernet

Dark chocolate and a glass of full-bodied cabernet are an unbeatable combo. 2018 Chop Shop Cabernet is a slightly sweet wine with a full body of flavor clocking in at 14% alcohol content. Tasting notes include black pepper, blackberry, cherry, and tomato leaf.

If you're anything like me and like to get drunk off of wine, try any of these pairings this year that Winc has to offer this year. Besides; having a little trick-or-treat action going on this year wouldn't hurt; especially if you get a few friends together to be in on the fun.