Many people can agree that it seems as though McDonald's ice cream machine is always broken. Whether you're craving a late night soft serve or your favorite McDonald's McFlurry, you may often find yourself disappointed when McDonald's tells you once again, that the ice cream machine is down. It seems to be an epidemic sweeping locations across the nation. Although new ice cream machines were recently put in, they may not have changed much. Luckily, you can now find out ahead of time if the ice cream machine is working, thanks to a new app.

It's Called Ice Check

The app is called Ice Check and is available for Apple iOS devices. Potential customers can search for their McDonald's location and check to see if the ice cream machine is working or not. The app's creator, Raina McLeod, told BuzzFeed, "I came up with the idea for the app around a year ago after a late night Oreo McFlurry craving went unfulfilled due to the ice cream machine being down."

How It Works

The app shows information based on input from other users. If the machine is on, it will show up in pink, and if it is off, it shows up grey. Since it is based on user input, there could be a question of accuracy, but if you have faith in humanity and believe in people helping people, Ice Check is worth the download. McLeod has been trying to convince franchisees to help the app, however, so the information could potentially soon become more trustworthy.

dairy, ice, coffee, chocolate, milkshake, yogurt, sweet, milk, cream
Alex Frank

If you hate showing up at McDonald's with an ice cream craving, only to be disappointed, Ice Check can help you out. While it doesn't fix the machines, it can save you some time and energy. Ice Check is currently available in Apple's app store, so download it today and find where you can get your next McFlurry.