It seems as though Trader Joe's has everything, even alternative-meat. That's right, there is alternative-meat at Trader Joe's and not just one or two options; there are plenty of options to choose from and they're made in a variety of ways. Ranging from the simple breakfast sausage to meatless-meatballs, there's something for everyone, meat-lovers and plant-lovers alike. 

Lightlife Smart Dogs

Mayleen Zhagnay

Veggie dogs offer the same satisfaction of eating a regular hot dog at your summer barbeques. They can be boiled and grilled, and topped with your favorite condiments. These veggie dogs are certified non-GMO, vegan and kosher. On top of all that they contain 7 grams of protein. 

Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs 

Mayleen Zhagnay

Find these vegan meatballs in the freezer section filled with great sources of protein. Meatballs are so versatile that these meatless ones can be added to recipe classics such as spaghetti with meatballs and meatball subs. These meatballs deliver a rich and meaty flavor without the guilt. 

Trader Joe's Meatless Breakfast Patties

Mayleen Zhagnay

Breakfast just got a lot better with these meatless breakfast patties. I'm so glad I found this since it has such a close resemblance to meat, I could have been fooled. These rich and tender patties go great paired with scrambled tofu and a nice glass of oat milk

Soy Chorizo

Mayleen Zhagnay

Gluten-free and vegan certified, this soy chorizo goes great mixed with eggs or even tofu. It has a crumbly meat texture and a little spicy, making it a perfect substitute for the regular chorizo loved in Latin-American food. 

Chickenless Crispy Tenders

Mayleen Zhagnay

Your number one snack food just turned vegan! These crispy tenders are made of soy and are great to entertain your vegan and meat loving friends. The comfort food that vegans and non-vegans need. 

Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels

Mayleen Zhagnay

Trader Joe's extended its scope to recreating a typical Chinese dish that I would eat on a Sunday night. Vegan Mandarin orange chicken gives the same orange taste you would find at your local Chinese restaurant. These would go great with white rice or with any meal. 

Beef-less Ground Beef

Mayleen Zhagnay

Just as the picture shows, this beef-less ground beef goes great stuffed in bell peppers. They have a crumbly meaty texture that can be added to your next meatless-meatloaf or vegan baked ziti. I personally used this as a filling for my meatless empanadas and my Ecuadorian family didn't even know the difference!

Italian Sausage-less Sausage 

Mayleen Zhagnay

These Italian soy sausages are an amazing alternative that can be paired with pasta or even stir-fried with vegetables. The sausages are packed with seasonings that give it a close resemblance to the original Italian sausage.