It's that time of the year where college students begin planning their trips abroad. Traveling abroad can be such a beautiful experience, especially when it comes to food. 

When I visited Asian I completely fell in love with the food and culture and I definitely miss it when I'm back in the states.

But as an avid foodie and traveler, there is one thing that I just do not like, the “American palette” version of Asian food.  Nothing can beat a good bowl of ramen noodles directly from Japan! Food authenticity is simply the most important key to deliciousness.

Here are some foods that are definitely a must have if you ever find yourself wandering across the world to Asia!

Sushi (Japan)

Kate Chan

While traveling, food is definitely my top priority. Let me just start with why sushi in Japan is irresistible: 

- $1USD for two pieces of sushi

- Super fresh and quick service

- Conveyor belt sushi

With the cheap price and high quality it is unbeatable.

Ramen

Kate Chan

I have never been obsessed with ramen until I tried a warm bowl of deliciousness while in Japan. It is now one of my favorite foods! In Japan there is basically a ramen shop every couple blocks. With just $5USD, your craving for ramen can be easily satisfied. If you want more noodles, $1USD will get you one noodles refill!  Believe it or not, one of my favorite parts is the ordering process. You can simply order and pay from a vending machine and they will freshly prepare your meal.

The closest match that I have found to my experience in Asia is Yamitsuki, in Philadelphia.

FoodPark (Thailand)

FoodPark is humongous area that is filled with food. The name is pretty much self explanatory, it is literally a "Food Park"! 

With an absolutely stunning location and a view, this is the perfect place to grab a bite ad explore. I will give you a warning because the food is finger-licking good, you'll definitely end up getting more food than intended. Believe it or not, all the food from the picture above combined costs less than $35USD.

Street Food (Hong Kong)

Kate Chan

Throughout the streets of Jordan and Mongkok in Hong Kong, there is an endless supply of food lining the streets. It is known to be one of the most popular foodie hangout spots in the world. Basically all you can smell outside is the freshly cooked food. With that being said, it is very popular and can get a bit crowded. But don't let the congested environment scare you away because there is so much more to it. When you arrive you are able to see plenty of different streets to explore and head into unique shopping stores to get a more authentic cultural experience.

Zhongshan (China)

Kate Chan

While traveling, there are so many hidden spots to accidentally find while exploring and this was one of mine. Zhongshan is a somewhat well-known city in the Guangdong province in China. When I first arrived, I didn't find anything out of the ordinary but once I searched deeper I found that it is a hidden gem for any foodie to visit. This city is highly developed and impressive in business and they sure do know how to emphasize their culture of healthy and diverse authenticity.

The image above is Korean BBQ. They even have their air-venter to eliminate the smoke of all those grilled goodies and unlimited sides of Korean appetizers. I am always excited to stop here on a trip!  All the ingredients are prepared fresh and come right from local farmers. 

As shown below, it seems to be just a bowl of soup with a bowl of noodles and egg. However, with the story of the creation, the taste is priceless. 

Kate Chan

So wherever you do choose to travel next (hopefully this article inspires you to check out Asia), don't forget to bring back some delicious goodies to share with all your friends and families back home!