Wasabi is kind of like the ugly step sister of sriracha. They both serve the same purpose of adding some spice to dishes, but sriracha is known for being used in so many different applications; while wasabi is left all alone on the empty sushi platter. If you only know wasabi as that spicy green stuff next to your sushi, it is time to open up your eyes to its many uses. Wasabi is not only tasty if used correctly, it also has a variety of health benefits. Get ready to see wasabi get the glow up of the century with the following recipes.

1. Wasabi Mayo

rice, chicken
Bridget Muckian

Is that boring turkey sandwich not doing it for you anymore? If it isn't, try adding some wasabi mayo to it. It will add a fresh kick to any sandwich or whatever else you put mayo on (a spoon?). Wasabi mayo can also be found as a topping on the Hawaiian favorite pictured above: poke.

2. Wasabi Hummus

We've all heard of different versions of spicy hummus, but wasabi hummus is not one that usually comes up. All you need to do to make this hummus is either buy or make some plain hummus and add wasabi powder to it. It will give your hummus the spicy kick that you're looking for.

3. Wasabi Guac

sauce, pepper, corn, vegetable, chili, salsa, guacamole

For those of you who like your guac with a little extra kick, this is the way to do it. This recipe uses wasabi along with jalapeños, so there is no skimping on the spice. 

4. Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

If you're feeling fancy, spice up your normal mashed potatoes with some wasabi powder. They would be the perfect complement to this Asian-style baked chicken.

5. Wasabi Cocktail Sauce

Authentic wasabi comes from a root that is hard to cultivate, so it is hard to find in the U.S. That being said, I just found out that the "wasabi" we eat here in the U.S. is actually just horseradish with food coloring (insert shocked face). Well, since our wasabi is actually horseradish anyway, go ahead and use wasabi if you run out of horseradish to make some dope cocktail sauce. 

6. Wasabi Salad Dressing

I am not the biggest salad fan, but this dressing sounds so good that I might consider eating one. The cucumber and avocado make this dressing cool and refreshing and then the wasabi gives you a little kick at the end. Move over ranch, wasabi dressing is coming for ya.

7. Wasabi Deviled Eggs

Deviled eggs are a classic southern appetizer, but sometimes the classics need to be updated. Deviled eggs can be kind of plain, so spicing them up with some wasabi is definitely the move.

8. Wasabi Ice Cream

Hear me out here folks. Nowadays ice cream flavors are getting crazier by the minute, but the whole sweet and spicy combo is no joke. Sweet and spicy belong together and this ice cream is proof of that.

9. Wasabi Pea Crusted Salmon

Wasabi peas are the ultimate spicy snack, but now you can have them for dinner too. The wasabi peas will add a spicy crunch to your salmon that would impress the toughest of critics. Maybe make this dish for your parents to show them you're somewhat succeeding at the whole adulting thing.