While most of us know the Boot Store has our "on-campus," go-to alcohol hot spot, very few people realize that the shop offers many more products other than alcohol. So, drop the Strawberry Lemonade Svedka, put back the oh-so-delicious Sutter Home Rosé, and quit calling your weekly Uber to CVS– it's time to walk to The Boot Store for your grocery store necessities. 

1. Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce

Callie Cohen

We all know those nights when Bruff is just not cutting it or procrastinated homework seems endless, so leaving campus is simply not an option. Instead, take a quick stroll to The Boot Store for pasta and tomato sauce. Don't fear, making spaghetti in the dorm is actually easy while using the Fasta Pasta, a plastic box that cooks your pasta for you in the microwave. 

2. Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee

Callie Cohen

After my first two months at Tulane, I quickly learned that my usual iced vanilla coffee was no longer an option, as there are no Dunkin Donuts in sight. Thankfully, The Boot Store offers my everyday necessity. The drink comes in three flavors: French Vanilla, Mocha and Original. 

3. Tide

Callie Cohen

As we move towards the end of the semester, our full bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and detergent start becoming less and less full. Soon enough, when we're in desperate need of throwing in a load in the oh-so-busy laundry room, we come to find our once full detergent to be empty. Instead of begging your roommate to "borrow" his or hers for the seventh time, you remember that The Boot Store offers detergent. 

4. Glade Spray

Callie Cohen

As your old trash bags that you meant to take out last week and the leftover Chinese take-out from two nights ago begin to take over your room, you find yourself holding your nose whenever you enter your dorm. Ultimately, the smell just won't go away. The one solution: air freshener spray, which happens to be sold at The Boot Store.  

5. Cherries, Grenadine, and Ginger Ale

Callie Cohen

As Saturday night approaches and the thought of taking shots of unflavored vodka (don't worry, I gagged too) makes you reconsider going out in the first place, you realize it's time to create easy mixed drinks. Your favorite childhood drink just became your new adult boozy fantasy. This one's easy– ginger ale, your alcohol, and a drizzle of grenadine. Lastly, top that bad boy off with a few Maraschino cherries. 

6. Tampons and Pads

Callie Cohen

Ladies, we've all been there. As work is piling up and our social lives become overwhelming, it's easy to lose track of the days and weeks. With this craziness, accidents happen, and sometimes "that time of the month" comes a few days earlier than expected. Instead of having to ask if someone has extra supplies in your floor group chat or have your roommate run to Walgreens, The Boot store just became your period lifesaver. 

7. Talenti Gelato

Callie Cohen

After a long night out and finally getting settled back in your dorm, your late night cravings begin to set in. In this case, ice cream is essential. The Boot Store offers a variety of ice cream including Talenti gelato with flavors like Caramel Cookie Crunch, Raspberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip, Butter Pecan, and Pistachio. They also offer ice cream sandwiches and Ben and Jerry's. 

8. Sandwiches 

Callie Cohen

If you're hungry but not in the mood to make your own sandwich at Bruff (that basically deconstructs immediately after the Bruff employee makes it), grab a pre-made sandwich from your favorite local convenience store, The Boot. There are several different types like egg salad, ham and cheese, and chicken salad. 

9. The Hangover Recovery Shot

Callie Cohen

As you wake up Sunday morning with a pounding headache, nausea, and a slight memory of the questionable decisions you made from last nights craziness, you're in desperate need of a quick hangover helper. Instead of holding your nose drinking your uncle's hangover cure concoction, this easy shot clears the hangover in one gulp. 

So the next time you're at The Boot Store, it might be tempting to grab the Green Apple Smirnoff, but resist the impulse. Instead, grab all of your life necessities and complete your much-needed grocery shop.