Getting giant, fluffy biscuits at Mama's Boy in Athens, Ga is all fun and games until you look at your credit card bill at the end of the month and see the total. Don't fall into that stereotypical category of a college student who only knows how to boil water. Instead, slightly impress your parents by being able to read directions and throw a couple of extra ingredients onto already prepared biscuit dough to upgrade your canned biscuits! Seriously, the only "baking skill" you need to make these bad boys is the ability to set a timer. Here are nine recipes to upgrade your canned biscuits.

1. Biscuits with Roasted Pears and Almonds

If you like pears, chocolate and almonds, then don't you dare do yourself the disservice of skipping out on this delicious biscuit creation. This simple recipe is easy, fast and won't to require you to take out another student loan to make!

2. Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups

This recipe is for all the people out there who aren't afraid to get a little messy because trust me, I know how messy college life can get. If you're daring enough, this makes the perfect first-date activity where you and your date can both laugh as you watch each other struggle to look cute while eating a good ole Sloppy Joe.

3. Mini Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Biscuit

The only thing better than breakfast biscuits are mini breakfast biscuits. There's just something about eating smaller versions of regular sized foods that make me so happy, and that something is me justifying the fact that I'm allowed to eat five without feeling guilty.

4. Green Chile'N Cheese Biscuit

If you bust these out at a party, your friends will probably assume that you've been a secret Iron Chef this entire time. The joke is on them though because out of all of these easy recipes, this is probably the easiest one! (Unless you don't know how to sprinkle cheese on top of food. Then you might struggle just a tiny bit.)

5. Chicken and Biscuits Casserole

I don't know about you, but here in Georgia, we love ourselves a good casserole. Honestly, there has not been a single potluck that I've been to that has not included a casserole dish. Be the casserole bearer at your next potluck by following this yummy recipe!

6. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bowls

Yes, yes, another breakfast biscuit recipe, but c'mon guys. Who doesn't love breakfast, especially when it comes in biscuit bowl form with bacon, egg and cheese? #biscuitbowlgang

7. Upside-Down Caramel-Apple Biscuits

Excuse me while I wipe up the drool coming from my mouth just thinking about these biscuits. This is the perfect dish to make to welcome the upcoming fall season. However, by conducting a thorough investigation, I found that there is a 99.9% chance that you will have to share once the smell of these baking circulates over to your roommate's room. 

8. Ham-Filled Biscuits with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce

Easy to make and easily transportable, these make the perfect snack to eat in class to make all of your classmates jealous. You might even be able to get on the good side of your professors by bribing them with these enticing biscuits.

9. Kielbasa Biscuit Pizza

Don't feel like having someone mess up your pizza? Show up the pizza guy by making your own unique pizza! You can easily customize this recipe by adding the pizza ingredients you can't live without.

Biscuits are a vital food staple in life. Just imagine where we'd be without them. Still, that doesn't mean that we should have to break the bank to enjoy them. These recipes are guaranteed to upgrade your canned biscuits. So, pre-heat that oven and get baking!