Over the years, pumpkin spice has become a quintessential fall flavor. Sure, you've had some great fall memories with a pumpkin spice latte in hand, but it's gotten to the point where you can't even go shopping for a new sweater without one. You're (basic) obsessed.

But don't worry, there's still time before the first leaves fall to ease your addiction. Here are a few fall flavors for you to try, that maybe, just might, replace the beloved Pumpkin Spice. It's hard to believe, but stick with me.

Carrot Cake

cereal, porridge, oatmeal, rice
Kristine Mahan

Basically pumpkin spice, but with carrots.

Honestly, the spice mix used to create the prized pumpkin spice flavor can make any fruit/vegetable taste like fall. This particular veggie seems to do it most successfully. If you're feeling healthy, try carrot cake oatmeal. If you're feeling indulgent, a slice of carrot cake will do. 

Cinnamon Roll

cinnamon, cinnamon roll, dough, cream
Gabrielle Scelzo

Add cinnamon to any food to give it a fall flare (and some serious health benefits.) Does your ice cream taste too summery? Dash of cinnamon. Seriously, sprinkle it in your coffee, your oatmeal, or any baked good to add a subtle autumn touch. Then sweeten with sugar (or cream cheese icing) to give any dish or drink that genuine cinnamon roll flavor

Apple Cider

sweet, pastry, candy, chocolate, cake, beignets, bread
Christian Stafford

Especially awesome in donut form, this flavor screams fall. I don't predict Starbucks releasing an Apple Cider Latte anytime soon, but dipping the aforementioned donuts in a regular cup of Joe ought to do the trick. 

#SpoonTip: After a stressful day of class, this flavor also works in the form of a hard apple cider.

Roasted Marshmallow

Phoebe Melnick

Hayrides are a fall tradition. After being outside for so long in chilly weather, it is also a tradition to warm up by a bonfire. Roasting marshmallows over that bonfire with a warm drink in hand automatically evokes an autumnal essence. 

If you really can't stand the cold, you can whip up some marshmallow recipes at home.

Salted Caramel Apple

egg, sweet, cream, caramel
Kirby Barth

Nothing is more exciting than when you walk into the grocery store early-mid September to see that the caramel apples have returned. Usually sat on a bale of hay, these bad boys are a brace-face's worst nightmare. A tart green apple swaddled in sweet, gooey caramel truly signifies the start of the fall season.

Bonus points if you've ever successfully made your own caramel apples. You are a strong, independent chef who don't need no store-bought treats!

Sweet Potato 

sweet, sweet potato, potato, salt
Photo courtesy of Rebecca Sims on flickr.com

Spoon research shows that sweet potatoes are the ultimate fall snack, so when you're stomach starts to growl under your oversized sweater, march your Ugg boots to the dining hall and satisfy your cold-weather cravings. Because sweet potatoes also boast many health benefits, it's hard to find a reason not to eat them!

#SpoonTip: Dip your sweet potato fries in maple syrup and you'll forget pumpkin spice was ever a thing.

Gingerbread

cookie, chocolate, sweet, pastry, molasses, cake, candy, wheat, bread
Victoria Bak

The gingerbread flavor is tricky because it suits fall, but it also suits winter. Since Christmas flavors are always released in stores around November, this is technically a fall flavor, right? But by that logic, pumpkin spice would be a summer flavor and basic white girls everywhere would be utterly lost, wearing Uggs to the beach and flower crowns in the snow.

With the overall final say on the matter, I declare gingerbread a dual-season flavor. It's not fall until you've dunked a gingersnap cookie into a piping hot cup of tea, and it's not winter until you've attempted to and miserably failed at building a gingerbread house.

Chai

coffee, tea
Preet Bhaidaswala

Last, but not least, a flavor that's milky, spicy, and sweet. Black tea, cardamom, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise, fennel, and a slew of other spices combine to create the beloved, core-warming drink. One cup of chai will make you want to jump in the nearest pile of leaves.