I am very much a supporter of the belief that butter makes everything better. Thankfully, my family agrees with me. Since we are big on cooking and baking in my household, I was introduced to browned butter as a young kid. Let me tell you, it elevates butter to a whole new level.

Browning the butter adds an additional complexity and almost nuttiness to the flavor, and it only takes a few minutes. Needless to say, it is a staple in my diet, and should be in yours as well. Here are just a few of my favorite recipes with brown butter.

I Want to Marry You Cookies

This title is no joke—that’s how good these cookies are. Seriously, these cookies have been featured on both Food Network and the Cooking Channel. The combination of different kinds of chocolate chips with the slight additional chewiness provided by the oats makes these cookies irresistible.

Pumpkin Brown Butter Cupcake

cream, cake, chocolate, sweet, pastry, carrot cake, cream cheese, candy, dairy product
Photo courtesy of handletheheat.com

This recipe, adapted from Martha Stewart’s famous cookbook, was the reason I first fell in love with brown butter. They are hands down the most addictive cupcakes I have ever eaten. I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I have eaten at least four in one day on multiple occasions. Fall is also finally here, so go make these right away. 

Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter Pie 

chocolate
Phoebe Melnick

Do I really even need to explain why this is on my list? It’s a blondie pie stuffed with nutella, which is basically all you need to know. Just trust me, it’s worth the thirty-minute wait.

Maple Brown Butter Bacon Cupcakes

cream, cake, buttercream, cream cheese
Kelda Baljon

Let me just say that I love mixing salty with sweet. That’s why these bacon cupcakes are a dream come true. I can also pretend they must be healthy since they taste like breakfast, so these cupcakes get extra points. 

Brown Butter and Sea Salt Rice Krispies

candy, sprinkles, sweet, cereal, chocolate
Jamie Medina

I have a giant weakness for rice krispie treats, plus they’re incredibly simple to make. The brown butter and sea salt class this dessert up, letting you eat like a kid but feel like an adult.

Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce 

flour, ravioli, dough, pastry, pasta
Becca Miller

If you thought brown butter was just meant for baking, I am happy to tell you that you are very wrong. Nothing says you’re a competent chef like homemade pasta. These ravioli are easier to make than you’d expect, and they taste like a million dollars. If you’re feeling adventurous, definitely give this recipe a try. 

Brown Butter Chicken with Crispy Sage

seafood, meat, vegetable, fish, chicken
Photo courtesy of kevinandamanda.com

This is a simple and quick chicken recipe you need to add to your repertoire. Using fresh sage makes it feel fancy with minimal additional effort, so it’s perfect for when you want to impress people with your cooking skills. This goes great over pasta or with your favorite sautéed or roasted vegetables.

Asparagus with Brown Butter Balsamic

egg, dairy product, fried egg
Maggie Gorman

Balsamic is one of my other favorite additions to sauces. It perfectly combines with the brown butter to make these vegetables not just edible, but enjoyable. This would be perfect paired with the brown butter chicken for a gourmet meal.

As you can see, if you’re not already using brown butter in your cooking and baking, you need to start immediately. If you learn this trick, you’ll be able to whip up gourmet meals and desserts with minimal effort in no time. Say hello to your new title as expert chef.