After a long day, wouldn’t it be awesome to relax in a bubble bath, holding your favorite drink, and enjoying the sweet and calming scent of a perfume? It sounds incredibly satisfying, however, if you live in a place where you don't have a bathtub, that whole scenario may seem pretty far away from reality. Moments of relaxation can still be achieved in several different ways, though. My personal preference is tea.

green tea, tea
Nicolecacolaa

I am a tea lover. I simply enjoy pouring myself a cup of tea, especially at the end of a tiring, cold day. I also like listening to music while sipping it. I believe it is a perfect combination for relaxation. No thoughts, no worries; just tea and music.

I’ve always felt like listening to good music that fit my mood made tea time even more enjoyable. Here are seven songs that can be an inspiration to you during your tea time.

"Sober" by Childish Gambino

Genre: Hip hop, R&B

Personally speaking, hip hop songs are better if listened to while at the gym or dancing, but some songs belonging to this genre can fit perfectly into a quieter setting as well. Childish Gambino's "Sober" can be a nice background song to your tea time. Its lyrics and melody are smooth and whenever I listen to this single a calm vibe surrounds the room.

"Down" by Marian Hill

Genre: Electronic, R&B, Synthpop, Electronic R&B

With their urban and sensual style, Marian Hill always succeeds at captivating their listener’s ears through their tunes. They are a good choice when it comes to pumping up your motivation up.

"Jubel" by Klingande

Genre: Electronic dance music, Tropical house

Beaches, countryside, and mountains all seem to be a mirage when in the middle of the academic year. This is the perfect song to make you feel nostalgic and want to book your next flight to… wonderland.

"Coming Home" by Bridges

Genre: Soul, R&B, Gospel

When you’re feeling a little more sophisticated with those vintage vibes, then take the chance to look up for Bridges. His songs are so calming and totally worth spend your time listening to.

"Heart Out" by The 1975

Genre: Indie rock

Sometimes we have those gloomy days where the only thing you want to do is hide under the sheets of your bed. Those days are inevitable, just allow them to exist. Sadness requires its musical treatments too.

"Home" by Gnash

Genre: Alternative

Homesickness can hit pretty hard when you’re a college student living on campus. It’s perfectly normal to miss relatives, friends, or your significant other. With his Tumblr-ly mood, Gnash reminds you that your loved ones still care about you, no matter the distance. It’s going to be all right "because no matter where we go, we’re not alone."

"Help Yourself" by Amy Winehouse

Genre: Jazz, R&B, Soul

The lyrics may appear quite cheesy to some, but it is actually a really good song. Amy Winehouse’s enchanting voice reminds us that we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. If something went wrong, you cannot stress the error too much. We problems come up, just keep going and you’ll eventually find a solution. Seek for the best and the best will come.

It’s time to loosen up a bit. Allow yourself to be carried away by your senses — you’ll thank yourself later.