There's only a few more days until we reach the best eating holiday in America. With Thanksgiving so close by, many are already concerned about the amount of food they're going to consume, and sadly almost all of it is unhealthy food. As much as we would like our mashed sweet potatoes with mini marshmallows to be really healthy for us, the fact of the matter is that it just isn't. Here are seven alternate ingredients to incorporate into your Thanksgiving meal this year, so you feel just a little less guilty and a little more inclined to eat that second piece of pie.

1. Mashed Potatoes

Though categorized as a vegetable, potatoes are in fact not good for us, especially not when we whip them up with butter and cream. Avoid this by substituting in a dairy-free Greek yogurt or almond milk, like the plant based products of Kite Hill, to make your mashed potatoes just slightly healthier so you won't feel as bad about taking another scoop.

2. Corn Bread

Corn bread fits perfectly in the otherwise awkward empty space on your filled Thanksgiving plate. And just when you think there are no ways to make something with the word "bread" in it healthy, think again. Kodiak Cakes offers assorted mixes filled with protein, so your corn bread can offer you something more than just tasting good. 

3. Stuffing

Stuffing has always been my favorite Thanksgiving food. If there was a way to make it slightly healthier so I can keep piling more and more on my plate, I would take it. Ozery Bakery makes bread alternatives, made with whole grains and real fruits, so not only are they making it easier to make stuffing, but they're also making it healthier. 

4. Sweet Potatoes

Mashed sweet potatoes and marshmallows are a match made in heaven, but sadly whoever thought of putting these two together wasn't concerned about their health. To make your sweet potato dish very slightly healthier, while also adding some flavor, use SMASHMALLOW marshmallows. Their marshmallows are healthier than regular marshmallows and come in fun flavors, like cinnamon churro and mocha chip.

5. Salad

Unclear if anyone actually eats the salad put out on Thanksgiving or if it's really just a place holder on the table, but it is always there as an option. To make your salad fancier and more appealing, try using Pete's Living Greens to maybe finally attract a taker. 

6. Pumpkin Pie

Love pumpkin but hate pumpkin pie? Still love having ice cream in the cold weather? GoodPop's are the perfect dessert solution! They also come in the perfect seasonal flavors, like pumpkin pie and banana cinnamon. But you don't have to give up your pumpkin pie if you still want to try one of these amazing pops, because they're organic and low calorie. 

7. Breadcrumbs

So maybe you have some turkey-haters on your hands for Thanksgiving. Fried chicken is always a good alternative, and using Erewhon breadcrumbs, which are made from brown rice cereal, making it even healthier. 

The best eating holiday of the year shouldn't cause you stress as to how much you're eating or how healthy the foods that you're eating are. But following these seven guidelines might help you feel better about your meal, or allow you to take a second scoop of stuffing. Happy (almost) turkey day!!