What you put into your body is seen on your body. If you eat junk food, you will most likely feel like junk. But, if you eat healthy, you will feel healthy and look healthy. Sadly, a lot of the most delicious foods in the world are the most unhealthy. You can have cheat days sometimes, but in the long run, you will see a difference in your skin and even in your mood. Below are 7 foods to eat for beautiful and healthy skin and ultimately a healthy you.

1. Nuts

Holly Tishfield

Go nuts. Walnuts, cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, and other nuts all have natural oils that are heart healthy. Just make sure not to go overboard as nuts are calorie dense.

2. Fish

sushi, salmon, sashimi, fish, seafood, rice, tuna, meat, wasabi

Naturally fatty fish, like salmon and mackerel, are packed with omega-3 oils, which are good for your heart. Not only can consuming these oils lower your risk of heart disease and lower blood pressure, but they can reduce inflammation in your whole body. Radiant skin comes from within.

3. Berries

strawberry, berry, sweet, pasture
Becky Hughes

Berries are full of antioxidants which are essential for young, glowy skin. Antioxidants protect your body from damage by free radicals in our polluted world, so your skin can look more youthful than it actually is.

4. Tropical Fruit

pineapple, mango, juice, coconut, banana
Alyssa Nurre

Snack on citrus, kiwi, papaya, mangoes and other tropical fruits for vitamin C. Vitamin C also protects your body from free radicals and naturally replenishes skin elasticity. Try out these fruity foods for beautiful and healthy skin.

5. Broccoli

broccoli, vegetable, cabbage, kale
Jenny Georgieva

Broccoli and other dark green vegetables are packed with antioxidants like vitamin C and E. Vitamin E protects your epidermis from UV rays and damage from the sun.

6. Water

ice, water, splash, cup of water, water cup, water splash, dropping ice

So, water is not a food, but drinking lots of water helps cleanse your system. Sure, you might be getting up to relieve yourself, but think about all the toxins that are leaving your body. By ridding your body of pollutants, your inner clean skin will surface.

7. Oil

avocado, guacamole
Paula Cappellin

Who said oil is bad for you? Nowadays, we have a variety of oils to choose from. Cold pressed or expeller pressed oils are better for you since they are unrefined and unprocessed oils. Simply by pressing seeds and nuts to extract their oil, these cold pressed oils are cholesterol free and are a healthy alternative to the regular processed oils.

lemon, water, lemonade
Caroline Liu

What you eat reflects on your life. If you eat healthy, you will look healthy. It's as simple as that. Although a lot of everyone's favorite foods are not the healthiest selections, it is okay to treat yourself once in a while. But, if your skin is looking dull and tired, try these 7 foods to eat for beautiful and healthy skin. Not only will your skin be glowing, you will feel radiant as well.