As the exhilarating hustle and bustle of the new school year is finally starting to settle down, it is time to start considering what you as a student can do to make the most of your college experience and keep the excitement going.  If you're anything like me, you have been endlessly searching for an outlet to express your passions without much luck. It is this pursual of passion and the universality of food that have inspired me to found the Brooklyn College chapter of Spoon University.

Spoon University is the everyday food resource of our generation. Whether you are looking for amazing recipes, the best restaurants around campus, or mind-blowing food hacks, our database of resources can help you navigate your way through the intricacies of food culture. My job right now is to convince you why you should join our incredible chapter and contribute to this ever-growing database. Here goes nothing!

1. Food Is Our Priority

If there is anything I have learned from my years of experience as a foodie, it is that there is nothing more curative than a daily dosage of my favorite comfort foods. If you couldn’t agree more, chances are you have been exposed to the rich millennial culture that I refer to as “foodie fever.”

Like me, you’re probably looking for a reasonable excuse to post basic photos of your recent food expenditures on Instagram (thank goodness for filters). You might also be looking for an excuse to try that triple-fudge chocolate brownie that you have been eyeing for weeks, but couldn’t justify purchasing. If so, Spoon University is the perfect platform for you to express your inherent basicness and love for all things food. 

2. Foodies That Eat Together Stay Together

One perk of joining the Brooklyn College chapter of Spoon University is the opportunity to interact with like-minded foodies both locally and nationally. In addition to the connections you will make working and eating alongside the amazing individuals at our college campus—including yours truly—there is an entire network of students and restauranteurs to collaborate with throughout country.

3. Explore Your Interests (And Eat in the Process)

Whether you want to get involved as a writer, videographer, photographer, or marketer, there will always be a place for you to eat, discover, and explore your interests at Spoon University. As part of a national organization you will be provided with all the resources and opportunities you need to develop your skillset, build your resume, and maybe even find new passions.

4. Bragging Rights

One of my personal favorite parts of being an experienced foodie is—you guessed it—the bragging rights. At Spoon University you will acquire the knowledge you need to become the food connoisseur you always wanted to be. Watch as your friends come crawling to you for cooking advice, restaurant advice, or just to listen to your amazing foodie experiences. As a spooner, you will find out what it feels like to be at the top of the foodie chain, and I promise you won't regret it.

5. You Could Become Famous

The widespread popularity of Spoon University beyond college campuses (for obvious reasons) has led to the establishment of connections with various renowned publications, including Buzzfeed and The Huffington Post. As a contributor to the works of Spoon University, you would have the opportunity to make your impact on the foodieverse, and potentially have your work viewed by millions of people around the world.

So, what are you waiting for? Join Spoon University at Brooklyn College today and become a part of our amazing foodie family!