When is the last time you used honey? Well, if you are looking for additional uses of honey, then your in luck because Manuka Honey will be your new best friend. 

What Is Manuka Honey?

Manuka Honey is made by bees that pollinate the Manuka flower. The Manuka flower is native to New Zealand and only blooms for 2-6 weeks per year. Comvita, the #1 UMF Manuka Honey brand, was founded to share the power of nature with the world. For over 45 years, Comvita has produced Manuka Honey of the highest quality. 

In looking for Manuka Honey, it is important to look for a UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) seal, which indicates that the product is natural and unadulterated. On each package, there is a number which represents three unique signature compounds that ensure purity and quality. The numbers are  5+, 10+, 15+ and 20+. 

The compounds are Methylglyoxal (MGO), Leptosperin and Hydroxymethylfurfural. MGO is responsible for the anti-bacterial component of Manuka Honey, Leptosperin is what separates Manuka Honey from regular honey and Hydroxymethylfurfural converts into MGO when the bees gather the nectar and turn it into honey. 

Enough of the technical talk. Lets get to the benefits of Manuka Honey and why you need to have this in your pantry. 

1. Works To Clear Acne

If you are looking for more natural skin care solutions, Manuka Honey might be for you. Not only does it work to help improve your skins appearance, but it helps to get rid of dead cell debris to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. Manuka Honey's anti-bacterial properties prevent fewer bacteria from infecting pores thus decreasing the onset of acne. 

Manuka Honey isn't only great for preventing acne, but it can help improve a variety of skin conditions such as psoriasis and dandruff. 

2. Helps Improve Wounds

Have you ever accidentally burned your neck with a hair straightener or spilled hot water on your hand? Well, if you are looking for a way to help treat those burns, Manuka Honey can help. In 2007, Manuka Honey was FDA approved for treating wounds. Manuka Honey is able to augment the regeneration of tissue and minimize the pain of burns making them a popular treatment option. 

3. Soothe A Sore Throat

If you are feeling under the weather and develop a sore throat, Manuka Honey can help. The antibacterial properties of Manuka Honey work to reduce inflammation and attack the bacteria causing pain. Manuka Honey can also help soothe a sore throat by coating the inner lining.  

4. Aids In Digestive Health

Manuka Honey has been shown to improve digestive health conditions with its ability to attack Helicobacter Pylori bacteria. H. Pylori is known to cause a lot of gastrointestinal issues including gastritis, ulcers and bloating. While Manuka Honey is helpful, it is recommended that you also visit your doctor to rule out any other diagnoses. 

5. Add It To Recipes For An All-Natural Immune Boost

Not only does Manuka Honey have serious health benefits, but it also tastes delicious. You can add Manuka Honey to a variety of foods to give them a sweet flavor and immune boosting properties. Some recipes include mixed berry smoothie, honey sriracha wings, paleo lavender-honey granola, sweet wellness popsicles, even dairy-free chocolate mousse).

More About Comvita

To learn more about Comvita's Manuka Honey, check out their website and follow them on Instagram: @ComvitaUSA