There’s nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of eggs, bacon or maybe even fresh, homemade pancakes. It just puts a warm feeling in your stomach. And honestly, who doesn’t like breakfast food? Here are five reasons why breakfast is the best meal of the day, and why you should always eat it. 

1. It’s an excuse to have dessert as a meal

syrup, pancake, sweet, maple syrup, butter, chocolate
Posey Memishian

Why wait to satisfy your sweet tooth when you can do just that right when you wake up? Whether its pancakes, waffles or crepes, each provide an endless selection of sweet toppings to take your breakfast from blah to amazing. Drown them in chocolate, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or if you wanna stay on the healthier side, some berries and honey. 

2. Breakfast food works for any meal of the day 

cereal, wheat, milk, Cheerios, Bowl, Gluten Free, Breakfast
Caroline Ingalls

Since breakfast contains such a wide variety of different foods, you can literally have breakfast for any meal of the day. One, versatile meal for any time? I don’t think it gets much better than that. If you get home late and don’t have time to make dinner, what’s wrong with a good bowl of cereal or some oatmeal? Bored with friends at 2 am? Experiment with an ultimate breakfast pizza creation. It’s a win-win no matter what time it is.

3. It's pretty easy to make

ham, scrambled
Kelsey Emery

It’s not exactly rocket science to make eggs. Obviously, practice makes perfect, but there are millions of recipes online that give you step by step instructions for something as simple as scrambled eggs, or something a bit more complicated like poached eggs. There are options that suit every lifestyle type, no matter how busy you are, with 5-minute options, microwave options, or overnight options.

4. There are tons of different options

chocolate, cake, cream, mousse
Kristine Mahan

Whether you’re craving something sweet or something savory, just know that there is a breakfast food for you. If someone started a list of all the breakfast foods in the world, it probably wouldn’t end. There’s avocado toast, Acai Bowls, pancakes, waffles, eggs (with numerous ways to cook them), and the list goes on and on. Let me tell you, your taste buds will definitely be satisfied at breakfast with all these delicious options available to them.

5. It's a good way to have a positive start to your day

sweet, berry, cream, pastry, cake
Emma Brant

Another reason why breakfast is the best is that it makes your stomach happy and full, and if your stomach is happy, you have a better chance of having a good day. Studies have shown that people who have breakfast feel better and are more positive compared to those people who skip breakfast. Taking the time to feed yourself a tasty meal in the morning proves to your body that you care about it and want to nourish it. Food is essential for our bodies, and especially need the energy in provides to start off our days on a good foot. Also a plus, breakfast provides something to look forward to if you're definitely not a morning person.

As you can see, there's tons of reasons why breakfast is the best meal of the day and why you should incorporate it into your daily morning schedule. A lot of times breakfast's value is overlooked, but it really is an important meal for jump starting your body and metabolism. So keep your stomach happy and make sure to feed yourself a delicious and nutritious breakfast every morning, even if it's only a protein bar because your low on time. Trust me, your body will thank you later.