Boxed Water is a company from Grand Rapids, Michigan whose two main goals, since 2009, have been to give their customers a better way to buy water and stay hydrated by on-the-go. The water comes in 500 ml, 250 ml, and 1-liter sizes in Earth-friendly cartons. 

Is Boxed Water worth the hype and actually better for the environment and your health than bottled water is? Yes, and here's why. 

1. The water is 100% pure.

Boxed Water can give you a crisp, clean, and refreshing taste as a result of extreme purification and pure hydration. It does not contain anything you don't need nor want, like minerals, chlorine, or the chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) which can be found in some plastic water bottles and leads to health problems. 

2. The packaging is environmentally friendly.

74% of each boxed water is made from paper from trees. This renewable resource comes from forests that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. The boxes are 100% recyclable and there are drop-off centers and mail-in programs to guarantee the boxes are recycled. 6 out of 7 plastic bottles are just sent to a landfill to remain there for years to come which is terrible. 

3. Shipping minimizes carbon exposure.

Carbon continues to contribute to global climate change. Boxed Water minimizes carbon exposure by shipping the cartons flat to the filler which is better for the planet than shipping empty plastic bottles. 

4. Part of the proceeds goes to the National Forest Foundation.

Boxed Water strives to give back by donating 1% of their total annual revenue to the National Forest Foundation for reforestation efforts. Their partnership, The Retree Project, plans on planting one million trees by 2020 in National Forests across the country. Last year, they planted 100,000. 

5. They are just as easy to buy as plastic bottled waters are.

Boxed Water's website has a store locator feature in which you can enter your zip code and get an extensive list of nearby stores that sell their cartons. New retailers are added daily. Boxed Water can be found in Whole Foods, on Amazon, B'Café at Bloomingdales, and other markets and delis.

If you are looking to help the environment and drink refreshing water in a trendy carton, pick up Boxed Water because IT IS better.