It’s undeniable — the world is in love with avocados, whether smashed, in a smoothie, or even in truffle form. One frontier that deserves more recognition is the stuffed avocado.

avocados

Photo by Samantha Thayer

In addition to having these awesome health benefits, these combinations can be eaten at any meal and are easily customizable. Just cut an avocado in half, hollow out the halves, leave 1-2 cm around the sides (but save the flesh!), and stuff, stuff, stuff!

1. Eggs

avocados

Photo by Irene Kim

This combination has been trending for quite some time, but that doesn’t stop us from applauding its brilliance. It’s the perfect start to your day and loads you up with tons of good fats.

#SpoonTip: Add ingredients such as spinach, onion, and bacon to create an avocado omelette.

2. Tuna

avocados

Photo by Irene Kim

The saltiness of the tuna complements the creaminess of the avocado to create my favorite combination on this list. You can simply combine avocado flesh, tuna, and lemon juice, then add any veggies you’d like (i.e. celery, jicama, or carrots). Start stuffing, and when finished, top with salt and pepper.

3. Chicken 

avocados

Photo by Irene Kim

Similar to tuna, you can make a chicken salad stuffing by combining avocado and chicken that will leave your taste buds wanting more. 10/10 would recommend.

4. Salsa

avocados

Photo by Irene Kim

This combination is full of Mexican influences. Although it may seem peculiar to add avocado and salsa together, the end result is a savory and spicy mix that perfectly complements tortilla chips.  

5. Cheese

avocados

Photo by Irene Kim

Whether you pick creamy Havarti or sharp Cheddar, cheese and avocado will never disappoint. Mix together avocado and cheese and pop them in the microwave before stuffing. This gooey mixture is guaranteed to be a crowd favorite.

So the next time you have an abundance of avocados in your kitchen (which should be always), try out some of these combinations and devour!