I know you love pasta. You probably have a go-to jarred pasta sauce, as well as several you've never tried. Since I'm a carb enthusiast and love tomato sauce, I jumped at the opportunity to rank the most popular pasta sauce options. In order to maintain consistency, I compared all of the brands' traditional flavors to give the most subjective ranking. After trying the pasta sauces, I ranked on the basis of flavor, authenticity to homemade tomato sauce, and accessibility in supermarkets. Here are five of the best jarred pasta sauces at the supermarket. 

5. Krasdale Traditional Spaghetti Sauce

jam, marmalade, juice
Claire Elkin

Although easily one of the most accessible sauces in any local supermarket, Krasdale Traditional Spaghetti Sauce was bland and liquidy in comparison to the other brands. However, Krasdale is a solid choice in terms of its cheap price and its presence in almost any supermarket.

Flavor: 4/10

Authenticity: 2/10

Accessibility: 9/10

Overall rating: 5/10

4. Prego Traditional Italian Sauce

tomato, pasta sauce, jam, marmalade, vegetable, spaghetti sauce, sauce
Claire Elkin

Prego Traditional Italian Sauce was undoubtedly the sweetest of the sauces. Although Prego did have a variety of spices, including onion and garlic extract, it fell short in authenticity. It was very heavy and didn’t taste like a true tomato sauce.

Flavor: 6/10

Authenticity: 5/10

Accessibility: 7/10

Overall Rating: 6/10

3. Ragú Traditional Sauce (Old World Style)

jam, marmalade, juice
Claire Elkin

Ragú Traditional Sauce has a great balance of tanginess, sweetness, and saltiness in its flavor. However, the little chunks of tomatoes in the sauce took away from the rating, making the sauce taste very unnatural. In combination with pasta, however, Ragú is inarguably tasty.

Flavor: 8/10

Authenticity: 6/10

Accessibility: 7/10

Overall Rating: 7/10

2. Classico Traditional Pasta Sauce

pasta sauce, marmalade, jam, vegetable, tomato, spaghetti sauce, juice, chili sauce
Claire Elkin

Classico Traditional Pasta Sauce stays true to its tagline “Smooth & Rich.” This sauce is exactly the right ratio of salty to sweet. The tomato puree provides the perfect amount of tanginess to balance out the richness of the sauce. The chunks taste authentic, the sodium is low compared to the other brands, and the sauce pairs brilliantly with spaghetti. Unfortunately, the sauce had a low accessibility considering the relatively few amount of stores that carry the traditional flavor.

Flavor: 9/10

Authenticity: 9/10

Accessibility: 6/10

Overall Rating: 8/10

1. Barilla Traditional Pasta Sauce

jam, vegetable, juice, marmalade, tomato, pasta sauce, gelatin, pickle, ketchup
Claire Elkin

Barilla Traditional Pasta Sauce takes home the…pasta? It was absolutely the most flavorful, authentic, and overall delicious sauce of the brands sampled. The ingredient list lacked chemicals and artificial additives, the saltiness was perfect, and the hint of sweetness to the sauce really brought it home. The chunks in the sauce were just right. Moreover, the product is available in most stores.

Flavor: 10/10

Authenticity: 10/10

Accessibility: 9/10

Overall Rating: 9.7/10

The next time you're craving pasta (which, let's face it, will be soon), try out one of these top-rated jarred sauces and enjoy the most satisfying bowl of spaghetti you've ever had. Where does your go-to sauce rank?