If you're sick of having to battle those bad hair days frequently, and tired of being too broke to do anything about it, we bring to you a list of miraculous hair masks that promise gorgeous hair with no effort at all. Can't afford to splurge on the likes of "Body Shop", "Fabindia" and "Forest Essentials" products that promise to revive and revitalise our hair? No worries, we've got you covered. All you need are a couple of basic ingredients that you should find in the pantry and 60 minutes. If you live miles away from home (The pain is real, we know that!), no fear, every mask should not cost you more than INR 50 per application. 

The best part, many of these masks make use of popular fruits, the leftovers of which you can gorge on while you let the mask do its thing. So what are we waiting for? Let's get right to it.

1. For Dry, Damaged Hair

jam, condiment
Bhavya Sahay

We've all been victims of the occasional frizz, especially after a party-night or an outdoor trip. The use of heat applicators like straighteners, blow-dryers, curling irons and hair products like texturing spray often leaves our hair feeling dry and rough. Try this mask using 2 Egg Whites + 2 tablespoons Olive oil+ 2 tablespoons Honey.

Simply mix these well together and apply evenly on all strands. Secure in a bun and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash regularly with cold water and shampoo. Egg whites are known to restore shine, while olive oil is the master of moisture. Honey ensures softness and penetrates the hair shaft to strengthen and protect against breakage. After one or two applications of this mask, your hair is sure to feel substantially healthier, adding a glorious Shakira-esque bounce to your hair.

#SpoonSuggestion: Ensure that you blend the ingredients properly and use a comb to apply the mixture evenly on the shaft. Remember, every strand needs love.

2. For Dandruff Control 

sweet, lemon
Bhavya Bansal

The rainy season inevitably equals to humidity and oily skin, whether it is the T-zone or the scalp. Interestingly enough, dandruff is often caused when your scalp over-secrets sebum or oil. Use this quick spray treatment to keep the flakes at bay.

Grate half a Ginger root and boil with 2 cups of water. Keep on flame till the solution is reduced to 1 cup of liquid. Add 1 tablespoon Olive oil + 1 tablespoon Lemon juice. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle (Yup, here is where I use old Dabur Rosewater bottles). Apply on the hair shaft and let it rest for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and shampoo as usual. 

The acidity of the lemon juice helps balance the pH of your scalp, keeping those pesky white flakes away.

3. For Shiny, Lustrous Strands

snack, Fruit, citrus, peeling orange, orange peel, Peel, peeling, orange

The pollution in today's India has taken its toll on our skin and hair. It is vital that we take extra care to keep our hair dirt and dust free. We've all seen just how toxic Delhi's air can get, so take our advice and use this mask to restore the shiny mane you see on your head (and wish you still possessed) in childhood photographs.

Take 1 Orange (with the zest) and using a blender and some water, grind into a thick paste. Add 3-4 tablespoons Almond Oil and leave this mask on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. The fruit contains a healthy dose of Vitamin C which helps in the production of collagen that strengthens the roots. Almond Oil is rich in Vitamin E, which promotes hair growth.

4. Scalp Treatment 

jam
Bhavya Sahay

Use this mask once every week to nourish and soul-feed your scalp. Simply take 1 teaspoon Baking Powder + ½teaspoon Cinnamon powder + 2 tablespoons Olive Oil. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes before rinsing with cold water and shampoo.

Olive Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that protects your hair from damage and breakage. Feeling sticky, dirty and exhausted after an adventure in the outdoors? Apply this to leave your scalp feeling cool, squeaky-clean and refreshed.

5. Combat An Oily, Greasy Scalp 

cereal, wheat, corn, oat, oatmeal
Rachel Tison

Blessed with brittle, fine hair, an oily scalp tops the list of my hair issues. Unfortunately, frequent shampooing only goes to dry the scalp further and results in over-secretion of sebum. After trying multiple solutions, a few dry shampoos and some medicated products, I found that a weekly application of this hair mask keeps my hair, fresh and clean for longer periods of time.

Squeeze 1 big sized Lemon into a bowl. To this, add 2 tablespoons of Oatmeal and a few drops of Water. Mix well to form a thick paste, and rub it all over your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.

#SpoonSuggestion: Use this mask twice a week for best results.

6. For Deep Conditioning 

sweet, banana
Arushi Yadav

This mask is for when you have time on your hands, a productive Sunday that is and you feel like it's time for a DIY spa session to give your hair and skin some much-needed love. Take 2 very ripe Bananas and chuck them in a blender till smooth. To this, add 2 tablespoons of Honey + 2 tablespoons of warm Coconut oil. Apply on hair, secure in a bun and wrap a plastic bag around your head for 15-30 minutes. Wash with warm water and shampoo to get rid of any leftover banana bits.

While the banana acts as the softening agent, coconut oil adds shine and honey retains water that allows it to lock in all the moisture. For anyone who is looking to grow out their hair, honey is your new BFF boosting healthy growth. 

#SpoonSuggestion: When I used this pack, I still had pieces of banana despite shampooing. To avoid this disaster, make sure you blend the bananas and blend into a super-fine paste, also warm water really helps remove any stubborn, sticky bits.

7. For Longer, Stronger Hair

If you want the signature Sunsilk gal hair, this pack is your best bet. Take 2 tablespoons of mashed Papaya, mix it with 1 tablespoon Coconut milk + 1 tablespoon Honey. Mix it until you get a smooth mask. Apply the mask on slightly damp hair. Let it sit for an hour. Later, shampoo and condition as usual.

As we all know, Papaya is a miracle hair and skin food, and this mask, in particular, strengthens your roots and prevents hair fall. Take it from someone who suffers a mini heart-attack each time they comb my hair.

8. For Overall Care And Pampering

This hair mask spells luxury with a capital L. Using strawberries and olive oil, this mask is both indulgent and luxurious. Take 3 ripe Strawberries and blend with 1 egg yolk for about 30 seconds. Apply this evenly and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash with shampoo and warm water. I guarantee that this pack will leave you feeling rejuvenated, pampered and expensive - thanks to that heady scent of strawberry that envelops your hair.

Gone are the days when expensive hair care products and fancy ingredients are required to maintain a healthy head of hair. We hope you give these convenient, affordable ingredient hair-masks a good try, trust me, they are bound to change the way you look at hair care! Say goodbye to pricey stuff and welcome the organic way of living.

We promise you'll be able to rock the hair flip just like Beyonce does.