Though fall is not my favorite season, the flavors of fall are something I look forward to every single year, especially as a foodie. The flavors of pumpkin, squash, cinnamon, and apple, as well as all the warm spices, are what I get so excited for in the latter months of the year. These spices even carry into the December holiday season, and that, I definitely enjoy. Why? This means that I can use them in my recipes from September all the way through to December! Three cheers for warm, delicious baked goods for four straight months!

I love my Pumpkin Spice Latte just as much as the next person, and even though it seems like fall flavors creep sooner and sooner into the market with each coming year, it makes me excited to start using the flavors this season brings us right away. I scoured the supermarket, and found some new fall-themed products I know you'll enjoy! Therefore, here is a list of a few new fall 2019 food trends to look out for the next time you are food shopping!

1. Fall-Spiced Baking Mixes

Marissa Rodriguez
Marissa Rodriguez

As someone who loves baking (especially cakes, those are my favorite!), fall spice-flavored baking mixes make me so happy, since they allow me to incorporate my favorite flavors into a fall birthday cake or cookies. These mixes are great when you're in a pinch, or even when you don't want to spend all day on just cake...I like to be elaborate with my frosting!

2. Single-Serve Desserts

Marissa Rodriguez

When you have a craving for a warm cake and there is not an occasion in sight, single-serve baking mixes come in handy. They take only a few minutes to cook, and all you need is a microwave and a mug. If you can't get to the supermarket, here is a link to a homemade pumpkin mug cake to satisfy your party-for-one cravings!

3. Fall Vegetables and Fruits 

pumpkin, vegetable, pasture, squash
Dea Uy

Of course without the fruits and vegetables themselves, like winter squash, pumpkin, beets, artichokes, and cauliflower (among dozens more), we would not be getting these wonderful products in the first place! To me, there is nothing that says fall more than a warm pumpkin soup or cup of apple cider. Recipes for these can be found all over the internet, but here's a recipe for a vegan pumpkin soup that is so creamy and delicious! Tell all of your Thanksgiving guests to thank me later!

Autumn, fall, human and person | HD photo by Alex Geerts (@alexgeerts) on Unsplash

Unsplash on unsplash

Your local farmer's market is a wonderful place to go see what is being harvested right now and what's in season, and you can be sure that you are getting your area's best produce! Here is a guide to eating seasonally this fall, filled with yummy things like recipes for every apple dessert you can think of and yummy roasted vegetable dishes!

Whatever your favorite season is, I'm sure we can all agree that fall brings the most amazing warm, seasonal flavors to the food world and it is very easy to enjoy all that the fall harvest brings! 

Happy fall!