Ever since I was old enough to walk, I have been the world's biggest strawberry lover. I would find any and every excuse to eat more strawberries, and soon found mouthwatering recipes that really highlighted the sweetness of the juicy berry.

I love to create meals and desserts that are easy, inexpensive, and totally delicious. After doing a little recipe-digging, I found the best 26 uses for strawberries that are ideal for a busy, broke college student.

Enjoy these top rated strawberry recipes that will make you want to drive to your nearest grocery store, farmers market, or community garden and pick up as many strawberries as you can carry. You won't regret it.

Olivia Chadwick

Drinks

Strawberries are a classic addition to drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) because of their natural sweetness. Check out some of the most highly rated strawberry drinks on the web.

1. Strawberry Banana Smoothie

A timeless classic. One of my favorite recipes, from Gimme Some Oven, is the easiest, fastest smoothie recipe to ever exist. Not to mention it's absolutely delicious and completely customizable.

To create a smoothie bowl, pour the blended smoothie into a medium bowl and top with fresh or frozen fruit, granola, nuts, chia seeds, and/or a drizzle of honey. Unbeatable.

2. Strawberry Daiquiri

Calling all 21+ students looking to try a fruity, rum-filled cocktail! The sweetness of the strawberry blends beautifully with the potency of the alcohol, creating a marriage of harmonious flavor.

This highly rated recipe from the Spruce Eats is sure to knock your socks off, and there is a 100% chance you wil ask for another cocktail.

3. Strawberry Lemonade

With just three ingredients, this creative take on traditional lemonade is sure to be a hit at your next summer party. Make sure to have extra lemons and strawberries handy, as you are definitely going to want to make another gallon (or two).

4. Strawberry Colada Smoothie

Featuring a congruous blend of fresh strawberries, pineapple, and coconut milk, this recipe is sure to whisk you off to the sunny tropics. Coconut and strawberries are a common flavor pairing, making this smoothie a quintessential addition to your next outdoor party.

Salads

Why limit the strawberry possibilities to just drinks and desserts? Strawberries make for an excellent burst of flavor in a fresh, summery salad. Avocados, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette are great pairings to add to your strawberry salad.

Don't forget the mixed greens and poppy seed dressing!

5. Berry Fruit Salad

I am a sucker for fresh, seasonal berries, so this recipe is one of my favorites. There is nothing better than ripe blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries all perfectly blended into one big bowl of deliciousness. 

6. Strawberry Spinach Salad

Packed with fresh, seasonal ingredients, this strawberry and spinach salad is sure to leave you feeling healthy AF. The healthy fat from the avocado and natural sweetness and Vitamin C from the berries are healthy additions to the nutrient-packed spinach!

7. Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

One of my favorite party snacks: homemade fruit salsa with cinnamon chips! This recipe is my go-to for fruit salsas, and I love to customize which fruits I add to change up the presentation and flavor. Toss in some chopped kiwi for a splash of green!

To make this recipe gluten free, substitute gluten free tortillas for the regular tortillas. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar for a gluten free cinnamon chip that can't be beat.

8. Berry and Greens Salad with Honey Vinaigrette 

This colorful, patriotic summer salad is the perfect appetizer for a July cookout or brunch gathering. The addition of blueberries and honey give this dish an extra pop of flavor. Dig in!

Strawberry Main Dishes

Adding strawberries to your main course is going to change your life. Once you add these red, juicy, bites of deliciousness, you will never go back. Trust me. 

9. Strawberry Basil Chicken

3 Words: Easy, fast, and delicious.

Not to mention completely allergen free, for those with dietary restrictions. The sweetness of strawberries and peppery, aromatic flavor of basil makes for an outstanding combination. Together, they take this chicken breast to a whole new level. 

Balsamic glaze is a sweeter, reduced version of balsamic vinegar. Whether you make it or buy it, the glaze is the perfect finish for this fruity entree.

10. Strawberry Quinoa Salad

Nutrition fun fact: Quinoa is one of the few grains that is a complete protein. This tasty whole grain is makes for a beneficial addition to a vegan and vegetarian diet

Strawberries pair well with peppery arugula and sliced almonds, making this recipe one for the books. Top with feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil to really please those taste buds.

11. Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini

Originally designed as a mere appetizer, this recipe can easily be turned into the star of the show with a little TLC and presentation skills. The harmonious blend of sweet and savory makes the strawberry goat cheese crostini a classic party favorite.

12. Turkey Strawberry Wrap

One of the prettiest sandwich wraps to ever exist, this turkey and strawberry wrap is packed with cream cheese, sliced turkey, cut strawberries, spinach, and a light, balsamic drizzle. You know you want to try it. 

13. Strawberry Chicken & Spinach Pasta Salad

Did I just suggest adding pasta and strawberries.... together?

YES I did, and it is the best dang berry pasta recipe to ever exist. With components very similar to the strawberry poppy seed salad, such as chopped nuts, grilled chicken, fresh spinach, and a poppy seed dressing, the base of this entree is instead, penne pasta. Any excuse to add more pasta, right?

Don't knock it 'till you try it- you'll be so glad you did.

14. Nutella & Strawberry Stuffed French Toast

Fluffy french toast, chocolatey Nutella, freshly sliced strawberries.. what more could a girl want? When in doubt, I make french toast, and this recipe is one of my all-time favorites. Be careful not to overload on sugar, or the dish becomes a tad too sweet.

Wait, that's possible?

15. Grilled Pork Loin with Strawberry Salsa

Feeling like impressing your friends and family? Whip out this recipe and you will have everyone thinking you are ready to compete on Chopped. The hearty, flavorful pork and the sweet, fruity salsa is a win-win combination. 

Tip: Make sure the pork is cooked thoroughly- at least 145 degrees F. Use an instant meat thermometer to double check yourself. 

16. Grilled Chicken with Spicy Strawberry BBQ Sauce

BBQ chicken, spicy food, AND sweet berries? This can't be real.

Oh, but it is. Sweet meets savory for a hearty, crowd pleasing entree that's like a party in your mouth. If the habanero peppers are too strong, use a jalapeno pepper for a milder kick.

17. Fish Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salad

Fish tacos are one of the most underrated recipes to exist, in my opinion. I find any excuse to eat Mexican food, and this is no exception. This healthy, 30 minute entree is the perfect way to end your day. 

Strawberry Snacks / Sides

Why should the main course have all the fun? These recipes show that even the side dishes shine with the addition of Fragaria × ananassa, AKA, the scientific name for strawberries. 

Fun fact: Strawberries are in the same family as roses, and the Rosaceae family is home to over 2500 species of flowers and fruits. Who knew?

18. Homemade Jam

Who doesn't love a slice of warm, crunchy toast topped with the ooey, gooey sweetness of homemade strawberry jam? All you need are fresh strawberries, white sugar, and lemon juice.

There are many homemade jam recipes that require loads of work, and this one is by far the easiest and fastest way to your jam-filled breakfast or snack.

19. Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Cheesecake Bites

How adorable are these Independence Day snacks? With 5 simple ingredients, these patriotic cheesecake bites are not only visually appealing, but incredibly easy to make and 100% delicious.

20. Strawberry Coconut Granola

One of my favorite food bloggers, the Minimalist Baker, has created a strawberry coconut granola recipe that has my mouth watering every time I see it.

Filled with rolled oats, chopped raw nuts, coconut flakes, freeze dried strawberries, and a touch of sweetness, you will be munching on this everywhere you go. I know I am.

21. Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins

These picturesque strawberry muffins are topped with an addicting crumb cake streusel and drizzled with a sweet, vanilla glaze. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.

Grab one on your way out the door for a tasty breakfast, or beat the 2pm slump by packing a strawberry muffin for a mouthwatering snack.

22. Strawberry Green Smoothie Pops

These mouthwatering pink and green striped pops are the quintessential way to cool off by the pool. Blended strawberries, fresh spinach, and a touch of flavored yogurt make these smoothie pops a recipe to remember.

Strawberry Desserts

We've made it to the recipes you have been waiting for... desserts. Strawberries and desserts are the dynamic duo of pairings, just like creamy peanut butter & fruit-filled jelly, salt & pepper over a finished dish, or a juicy burger with fresh cut fries.

If I made you hungry, good. Try one of these strawberry desserts and see for yourself how well the flavors work together. Can't say I told you so.

23. Strawberry Ice Cream

Ice cream is always on my mind, and this easy, no churn strawberry ice cream is simple enough to make anywhere, and requires very few ingredients. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the ice cream to freeze...patience is key!

24. Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Another underrated recipe: strawberry pretzel salad. Filled with classic favorites like salted pretzels, Cool Whip, strawberry Jell-O, cream cheese, and fresh strawberries, this recipe is sure to wow your guests at your next get-together. Guaranteed.

25. Fresh Strawberry Cake

Trick your friends into thinking you are a professional baker right out of Southern Living magazine with this fresh strawberry cake.

With the richness of cream cheese and tartness of fresh strawberries, there is a 100% chance of this moist, vanilla cake disappearing from your plate. 

26. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies

Welcome to heaven, ladies and gentleman. This rich, decadent brownie is packed with chocolate and strawberries, a classic combination in worldwide cuisine. Not to mention it's super easy to make and looks outstanding on a dessert platter.

So, where do we begin?

With so many strawberry recipes to choose from, it can be a little challenging to pick just one. From freshly made drinks, to summery salads, to divine entrees, and savory desserts, strawberries make for the perfect addition to any summer meal.

So pick a berry-filled recipe, grab your fresh ingredients, and get cooking!