S'mores are truly the ultimate summer dessert. Who doesn't love sitting around a campfire, roasting a marshmallow to perfection and then sandwiching it between two graham crackers with a piece of chocolate? 

peanut butter, peanut, butter, chocolate, marshmallow
Alex Weiner

The gooey melty marshmallow with the warm chocolate and crunchy graham crackers is perfection. You may be a purist, but if you are willing to try, here are 20 ways to amp up your s'mores this summer.

1. Reese's

chocolate, peanut butter, peanut, butter, cookie, sandwich
Lynden Orr

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are just a small change from a plain chocolate bar. The chocolate and peanut butter combo pairs perfectly with the graham cracker and marshmallow, upgrading the s'more just that little bit. 

2. Peanut Butter

coffee, candy, dairy product, milk, cream, sweet, chocolate, peanut butter, spoon, jar
Caroline Ingalls

Peanut butter lovers, you must try this one. Smother peanut butter on the inside of both pieces of graham cracker, then proceed to make the s'more as usual. Not only will the peanut butter and chocolate mesh together (we all know that peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven), but peanut butter and marshmallow is the combination you didn't know you needed. 

3. Nutella

chocolate, jam, sweet, honey, milk
Hailey Maher

Nutella makes everything better! Simply spread some on the graham crackers and you will enjoy your s'more with a hint of hazelnut.

4. Cookie Dough

chocolate, cookie, dough, butter, peanut butter
Msu Spoon

A "cookieception," am I right? Add some cookie dough inside your s'more to elevate the flavors. YUM!

5. Ice Cream S'more Sandwich

ice, ice cream, sandwich, cream, cookie, cake
Julia Hedelman

Ice cream is the ideal summer cool down treat and s'mores are the ultimate summer campfire treat. Put the two together to make the ultimate summer cool down/campfire combo. 

6. Chocolate Chip Cookies 

chocolate, sweet, cake, cream, candy, pastry, cookie, goody
Katherine O'Malley

Just like adding cookie dough, but instead use baked cookies. Get rid of the graham crackers and sandwich the marshmallow and chocolate between two cookies. SO worth it. 

7. Flavored Chocolate Bar 

Claire Waggoner

We all know that a s'more would not be complete without chocolate. Amp up your milk chocolate with different chocolate flavors. There are so many to choose from, but I suggest Cookies and Creme, Peanuts and Pretzels, or Dark Chocolate.   

8. Rolo's

caramel, milk
Kara Schiaparelli

Rolo's are chocolate-covered caramel goodness and would make the perfect addition to any s'more this summer. You still have the great flavor of chocolate, but it becomes that much better with the extra gooey-ness of the caramel — a must try!

9. Pretzels (instead of Graham Crackers)

chocolate, candy, sweet, goody
Courtney Lewis

If you don't have graham crackers on hand but still want to make a s'more, swap them out for pretzels. It can get a little messy, but what good dessert isn't? The saltiness from the pretzel adds a great contrast to the sweetness of the rest of the dessert. 

10. Peanut Butter and Jelly S'mores

peanut butter, peanut, butter, bread, wheat, cake, jelly, jam, sandwich, plate, slice, bite, pb&j, peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Caroline Ingalls

What about putting this classic sandwich into a s'more? Nothing wrong with that. Smother peanut butter on one graham cracker and jelly on the other and sandwich the chocolate and marshmallow in between for the ultimate mashup of sandwich and dessert. 

11. Chocolate Lovers Only 

chocolate, coffee, candy, sweet, milk chocolate, milk
Christin Urso

If you absolutely love chocolate, this one is for you. Simply use chocolate graham crackers, chocolate marshmallows, and of course, a piece of chocolate. A chocoholic's dream!

12. Oreos

butter, peanut butter, peanut, cookie, cracker
Morgan Nielsen

Oreos are such a universal cookie. With the range of flavors you can never go wrong. Instead of graham crackers, try sandwiching the chocolate and marshmallow between two Oreos. Bonus points for playing around with different Oreo flavors. 

13. Peanut Butter and Banana

sandwich, cream, butter
Sarah Silbiger

Elvis's iconic combination of peanut butter and banana makes a s'more so much more! Spread peanut butter on the graham crackers and then place the sliced banana on top and create the s'more like usual. Now you have a treat that the King would love. 

14.  Strawberries

pasture, sweet, berry, strawberry, Healthy, Fruit
Tess Tarantino

Chocolate covered strawberries are a classic, so amp up your s'more with some fresh strawberry slices. More bonus points if you try other summer fruits. 

15. Peppermint Patties

chocolate, peppermint, cream, sprinkles
Jackie O'Brien

Feeling nostalgic for Christmas or winter? Or maybe you just need something a little more refreshing. No worries, add a peppermint patty to the s'more for that sweet minty feeling.

16. Girl Scout Cookies

butter, peanut, peanut butter
Haley Greco

OK, I'm sure this is the one you've all been waiting for. Replace graham crackers with any type of Girl Scout cookies. They all work, but my favorites are Thin Mints and Samoas. This may be by far the best way to upgrade a s'more. Try this one and I promise you won't regret it. Scout's honor!

17. Chocolate Dipped

chocolate, cake, cream, sweet, candy, caramel, pastry, goody
Caroline Benson

S'mores are amazing, we've established that, but why not take it one step further and dip the entire s'more in chocolate. If that isn't the new best way to upgrade your s'more, then what is?

18. Bacon

bacon, pork, meat, beef, sauce, barbecue, sausage
Casey Irwin

S'mores for breakfast? If you're craving salty and sweet at the same time, try putting some bacon in between the graham crackers. Bacon makes everything better.  

19. Pumpkin Spice

pumpkin, beer
Hailey Ennis

Craving your PSL in the middle of summer, who isn't? Good news is that you can buy pumpkin puree all year round. Mix with a little nutmeg and cinnamon and you're good to go.

20. Classic

chocolate, oatmeal, sandwich, peanut butter
Danielle Chen

This summer, don't forget to eat the classic s'more. Summer just wouldn't be the same without it.