If you haven’t heard of YouTube star Hannah Hart, you’re really missing out. Host of the YouTube show, “My Drunk Kitchen” and author of the cookbook of the same name, Hannah Hart knows how to have fun. But even while getting drunk and cooking up crazy recipes, Hannah manages to dispense invaluable life advice. 

As someone who has been there and done it, Hannah knows what kind of lessons college students need to learn, and she’s not afraid to teach them. Best of all, she does it through talking about something we can all relate to and understand: food and alcohol. 

Hannah Hart

Photo by Andrea Leeike

Expensive is not always better (even when it comes to wine). Hannah knows how to seek out good bargains and get the best bang for her buck. Follow in Hannah’s foot steps, and learn the most essential life skill: budgeting.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Kyline Kinder

Hannah’s story proves that life can be unpredictable. You can worry about your future all you want, but ultimately, you just have to work your hardest while doing what you love. Eventually, success will come.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Louise Ferrall

Life will occasionally force you to improvise. Also, don’t overthink everything. Sometimes, simple is better.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Melanee Piskai

Life is all about balance. Have fun, but stay safe and healthy. Or, to have fun and be healthy at the same time, try making your own flavored water. 

Hannah Hart

Photo by Torey Walsh

This is why I love Hannah so much. She uses a super cheesy food pun to ease the pain of life’s inevitable ups and downs.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Corinne Odom

College students constantly feel the pressure to do and achieve more, but Hannah reminds us that sometimes we need to stop and smell the fresh herbs. Heck, why not take the time to grow them yourself

Hannah Hart

Photo by Grace Bodkin

So you spent all of Freshman and Sophomore year partying and now you’re worried its too late to pull up your grades. But it’s never too late to light the grill (aka buckle down and start studying). Sure, you should have done it awhile ago, but hey, even Hannah makes mistakes sometimes. 

Hannah Hart

Photo by Grace Goettman

Pretty self-explanatory advice. Relationships will come and go, but you will always have chocolate and ice cream.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Analiese Trimber

Hannah knows that the hardest part of achieving any goal is just starting, but most of the time, the sweet, chocolaty reward is worth the effort. 

Hannah Hart

Photo By Bari Blanga

Always be a good friend. Be there for them when they need you. Protect them. Never hurt them. And cook them lots and lots of food.

Hannah Hart

Photo By Ben Rosenstock

Hannah’s long and complicated metaphor could not be more true. If you were too lazy to read, here’s the gist: love your siblings as much as you love french fries.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Caty Schnack

Hannah’s great cooking tip also applies to life. If you’re going to do something, then go all in. Put all of your heart, soul, and especially butter in to everything that you do.

Hannah Hart

Photo By Christin Urso

After a long, hard day, it’s totally okay to come home and treat yourself a little. Hannah does it, and so should you with these single serve desserts

Hannah Hart

Photo by Gabby Phi

It can be easy to believe that you’re the only one who doesn’t have your life figured out yet, but in reality, we are all just confused souls staring at the pot wondering when the bubbles will appear. But trust me, eventually, the water will boil, and from that, something beautiful will arise.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

I’m pretty sure Hannah was legitimately only talking about onions when she said this quote, but if you think about, it still holds an valuable message about the importance of positivity. Surround yourself only with positive influences and root out all the bad in your life.

If someone or something is bringing you down, you need to walk away. You don’t have to be subjected to any person (or vegetable) that makes you cry. 

Hannah Hart

Photo by Jennifer Cao

We’ve all been there. Even as a successful YouTube star, Hannah has been there. Sometimes you just need to stress-eat. Just know it doesn’t have to be completely unhealthy.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Jessica Kelly

You can try to guess if an avocado is ripe or not, but you won’t really know until you open it up. Same goes for people. I guess.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Hannah never pretends to know how to do something that she can’t, and you should take her lead. Never lie about your abilities just to seem cool or smart. You will only get yourself in trouble.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Lauren Eiden

You shouldn’t lie to yourself about what you’re capable of either. You need to know when you can learn to do something and when it’s just better to ask for help. For example, unless you’re a trained chef, you should probably just buy your dough.

Hannah Hart

Photo by Sabrina Dorow

Especially when you’re young, it can be easy to feel you must look or dress a certain way. But Hannah teaches us that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and can be expressed in so many different ways, when it comes to both food and people.