Besides pumpkin picking, oversized sweaters, and new shows, fall is the season to try out those cozy recipes you’ve been eyeing since spring. Some foods just taste better with orange leaves on the ground and a PSL in your hand. So even though it feels like you just skipped back to your apartment after nailing that last final, autumn is near. Here are some relaxing recipes that’ll get you feeling hype for the world’s favorite season.

1. Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Doughnuts

fall

Photo by Alex Furuya

This challenging recipe is for those lazy Saturdays when you just want the smell of pumpkin in the air without having to go anywhere. Make doughnuts that smell, taste, and look like fall.

2. Honey and Curry Roasted Acorn Squash

fall

Photo by Helena Lin

Grab some acorn squash from your local market to make this caramelized, rich autumn dinner for two. The curry adds an earthy note to the sweetness of the honey, making this recipe one to make if just for the aroma it adds to your kitchen.

3. Apple and Cheddar Grilled Cheese

fall

Photo by Samantha Matott

Perfect for a midnight snack after a football game or lunch before your afternoon class, grilled cheese is the way to go. There are many variations that make just cheese pale in comparison, like this apple and cheddar version that matches the falling leaves outside.

4. Apple Cider Sangria

fall

Photo by Andre Li

Can’t forget about the drinks of fall, AKA anything with apple cider or pumpkin. This sangria combines the classic cozy drink with Merlot or Cabernet for a cinnamon flavor-packed cocktail.

6. Bailey’s Hot Chocolate

fall

Photo by Karina Rao

Transport yourself to Ireland with this spiked hot chocolate. Whether it’s for a relaxing night in or a Thirsty Thursday pick-me-up, this Bailey’s HC tastes good all year, but tastes even better from September to Christmas.

7. A Quad-Skillet Cookie Masterpiece

fall

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

Combining four flavors might sound crazy, but for traditional fall flavors, it just works. Take this ginger, apple cinnamon, snickerdoodle, pumpkin spice skillet cookie for instance. All bomb bites on their own, but together it’s out-of-this-world good.

8. Apple Jacks Pancakes

fall

Photo by Jayna Goldstein

Whenever I see anything cereal, I do a little dance inside. Not only are these recipes poppin’ right now, but they’re nostalgic and add a funky spin on just about everything. Apple Jacks. In pancakes. MAJOR key.

9. Pumpkin Scones

fall

Photo by Paige Weller

Pumpkin Spice Latte fans unite for this other pumpkin recipe sure to keep you satisfied throughout the season. With the nutmeg, cinnamon, honey, and (you guessed it) pumpkin flavors, this is a recipe not to miss out on.

10. Salted Caramel Apple Mason Jar Cheesecake

fall

Photo by Isabel Tiange Wang

Mason jars scream autumn vibes. And when you combine the vintage touch with a salted caramel cheesecake, you’ve captured my fall lovin’ heart.

11. Pumpkin Gnocchi

fall

Photo by Caty Schnack

Pasta is the ultimate comfort meal and is ideal for the ultimate comfort season as well. Pairing the fluffy Italian gnocchi with pumpkin is sure to take your dinner up a notch.

12. Spiced Grapefruit

fall

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Citrus fruit may seem like a summer-only staple, but you’ll want to stock up on grapefruits for this fall recipe. Combine cinnamon, brown sugar, and ginger for a baked citrus afternoon snack.

13. Tequila Caramel Corn

fall

Photo by Megan McCormack

Say au revoir to boring old caramel corn of the past, because things just got a whole lot boozier. Why save tequila for the weekend when you can study in the library and turn up. Only the tequila gets baked off in the oven, so don’t get too excited.

14. Sweet & Savory Quesadilla

fall

Photo by Amanda Gajdosik

Quesadillas are perfect for hot summer days, but can easily be transformed for brisk autumn afternoons. This apple, goat cheese, and honey recipe is different and perfect for any meal, any time.

15. Apple Pie Milkshake

fall

Photo by Kevin Rodriguez

Swerve into fall seamlessly with this milkshake that’s good for warmer days, but still tastes like October. Blend Nilla wafers, apples, and vanilla ice cream for a tasty treat that’ll have you walking to classes that first week with a pep in your step.