With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I know there can be a lot of pressure on having a date, or spending the night out with the goal of finding someone to be with by the end of the night. But who needs a date when you can have some good food instead? Well, these 14 food will make you forget about everything else this upcoming Valentine's Day.

1. Bananas

banana

keepon on Flickr

Packed full of potassium and other nutrients, a banana will make your body feel good enough to conquer the world. Plus, you can pretend to be a monkey, and have some fun on a day that can sometimes get you down. This little bundle of flavor is far superior to any date for February 14th.

2. Personal Pizza

Up Close and Personal

dahon on Flickr

While it may not be as good for your body, personal pizza's are definitely good for the soul. Enjoy one on your own, with friends, or with that special someone (although they may be overshadowed by a gooey, saucy piece to dough). Make it yourself, or order it in, you know a pizza is bound to make you forget the pressures of Valentine's Day.

3. Baked Potato

Creamy Langostino Lobster Baked Potato

Bob B. Brown on Flickr

The best thing about a soft, decadent baked potato is that you can customize it any way you want, and almost any flavors can meld nicely with the potato. Another perk is that you get an entire potato to yourself, no sharing necessary. If there is any day to treat yourself, Valentine's Day is that day. 

4. Avocado Toast

poached eggs with avocado and toast

Stacy Spensley on Flickr

Not only is this snack healthy and trendy, but it tastes good too. The silky texture of the avocado with the crunch on the toast makes a combination that is far more attractive than a date. And, if you want to make it a meal, throw a couple eggs whatever way you prefer with it. 

5. Cupcakes

cupcakes

LilyRose97 on Flickr

There's scarce a man or woman who does not enjoy a cupcake, and a little bundle of sweetness and sugar can not be beat on Valentine's Day. A sugar coma is just what you need to take your mind off of your life for a few minutes and just enjoy something.

6. Apples

Apples

Carriagehouse2011 on Flickr

As the famous saying goes, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away," but apples can keep your body feeling fresh after a long day of work or school, and there is no need to share. Who needs love on Valentine's Day when you can have the vibrant taste of an apple. 

7. Coffee Roll

CInnamon Rolls

jamieanne on Flickr

Coffee Rolls can be enjoyed at any time of the day, no accompaniment needed. The only pair that goes with this treat is in the name, a nice hot cup of joe. Add a little sweet to your life on February 14th with this snack for one. 

8. Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

baby chau ♥ on Flickr

The best part about these sweet treats that double as a V Day classic is that you don't need a date to enjoy them, simply go at them on your own. Plus they are fruit, so its good for you, right?

9. Popcorn

Popcorn

White93 on Flickr

Snuggle up in bed with your blanket, favorite romantic comedy, and cry and laugh through this Valentine's Day with some buttery popcorn by your side. Why would you go out when you can stay in and have just as much fun with food?

10. Shrimp Cocktail

Shrimp Cocktail

The Marmot on Flickr

Bite into some juicy shrimp with the added benefit of not having to share. Each of these personal sized beauties will make your stomach and your heart happy, no significant other needed.

11. Skillet Cookie

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookies

jamieanne on Flickr

Why make cookies for a crowd when you can eat the whole thing yourself, right out of the oven? This decadent treat is exactly what your heart needs this V Day, and you can snack on the cookie dough on the way there.

12. Burger

Burger

cyclonebill on Flickr

Make it however you like, it's hard to go wrong with a big piece of meat. Classic comfort food, and completely customizable, a burger on February 14th is really all you need in your life.

13. Orange

Orange

rafael-castillo on Flickr

Your body will thank you for this juicy fruit choice, and so will your heart. And, combining this segmented fruit with some chocolate (it is Valentine's Day after all) can take it to the next level. 

14. A Shot

Shots

linmtheu on Flickr

Okay, so this technically isn't food, but it might help you get through the night on Valentine's Day. As long as you are drinking responsibly, this can ease some of the pressures that you may be feeling (and it's fun too). 

And, if you do happen to have a date this Valentine's Day, there's no shame, just grab a second of whichever is your favorite and share it with the one you love. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!