We may live in an area that is surrounded by cornfields, but the University of Illinois' campus still dominates over Northwestern's. U of I is the only place where you get to celebrate your 19th birthday like it’s your 21st, and we have the eats to get you through the hangover.

Green Street is our very own food heaven that’s an easy distance from even the farthest freshmen dorm. Our campus holds your favorite go-to food places whether you’re coming off a drinking binge or looking to impress your parents.

Here’s 12 restaurants that remind the Wildcats just how much we like to chow down. To all the Northwestern students out there, make sure to check these out next time you visit.

Pandamonium Donuts

If you’re by Krannert early in the AM, reward yourself for getting up early and get your sugar fix. Pandamonium’s donuts are as drool-worthy as their Instagram pictures.

#SpoonTip: Order one of their Girl Scout cookie doughnuts while they last.

Big Grove Tavern

All of Big Grove Tavern's food is fresh from the Champaign farms straight to your table. Go if you're looking for a fancy meal for lunch or dinner. It’s also open for Sunday Brunch that features a mimosa bar and steak that are to die for.

Cracked: The Egg Came First

The only thing better than breakfast in the morning is breakfast when you’re drunk after leaving the bars. Cracked was designed by UIUC alumni to satisfy both the early risers and those who find themselves closing out the bars.

You can find the food truck parked outside of Joe's or riding around Champaign.

Antonio's Pizza

Antonio's is known for serving monster slices ranging from plain cheese to beef taco or mac n' cheese pizza. Order a single slice, or a few, for yourself or a whole pie for delivery without leaving the comfort of your home.

If you feel like going all out, order some of their underrated calzones and wings as a side for your pizza.

Jarling's Custard Cup

This ice cream shop is the only way to beat the heat on a hot day in Champaign. Jarling’s is always serving up fresh homemade custard. You can't graduate from U of I until you've tried one of their famous sundaes or indulged in a waffle bowl topped with all of your favorites.

Seven Saints

Seven Saints is one of the classier downtown Champaign restaurants. It is perfect for when you’re looking for a real meal or trying to impress the rents.

Their hand-battered cheese curds are totally worth the overly full feeling after the meal. Don't skip out on their signature sliders and make sure to get a taste of everything with their combo platters.

Maize Mexican Grill

Maize Mexican Grill is quick, quality Mexican food that won’t break the bank. Their small restaurant focuses on perfecting the simple recipes with the freshest ingredients, which are all house made. You can tell by the line that stretches out the door that the residents of U of I just can’t resist this place.

Joe's Brewery

Joe's Brewery's multiple beer gardens and extensive (which are some days half off) burger menu makes this a happy hour go-to. Their fries are addicting, especially if you try the Joe's Loaded Fries appetizer. Nothing makes you appreciate college life more than enjoying a burger and a pitcher of beer on an outdoor patio.

Nando Milano

Nando Milano is an authentic Italian trattoria that serves your favorite dishes in a casual environment. Head over there immediately to try their house made pasta, pizza, tiramisu and, of course, extensive wine list. You can never go wrong with a plate of gnocchi.

Black Dog Smoke and Ale House

Black Dog Smoke and Ale House's new location in Champaign lets customers sit down and enjoy some of the best BBQ in the area.

They use their custom made smokers to create fall-off-the-bone ribs, brisket and, a crowd favorite, burnt ends. Eating warm cornbread and mac n' cheese sides in a cozy environment will make you feel right at home.

Pizzeria Antica

Pizzeria Antica's fresh and authentic Neapolitan pizza tastes like its straight from Naples itself. This Champaign restaurant features wood fire ovens that cook right in front of you. Pizzeria Antica is almost too pretty to eat, but their classic combos and fresh ingredients keep people coming back for more. 

Dos Reales

When you decide to buy your first legal alcoholic drink, you might as well go big with a CoronaRita and a burrito from Dos Reales. The colorful restaurant brings you classic Mexican food with prices that won't make you feel bad about splurging on a margarita.

The Champaign-Urbana food scene has a restaurant for all the occasions or cravings you've got. Whether it's close to home on Green Street, a few minutes away in downtown Champaign or across the quad in Urbana, we've got everything you're looking for.