Just when you thought your favorite desserts couldn't get any better, well, two words will change your life and blow your mind: brown butter. It sounds and looks a little peculiar, but there's no reason to hesitate. This is the easiest way to transform your average batch of goodies into a thing a wonder with no additional ingredients. All you need is a saucepan, a whisk, and about five minutes of your time.

Brown butter is like the upgraded cousin of regular butter. It has deeper, more sophisticated flavors of richness, nuttiness and sweetness. If you're looking to elevate your baked goods to a whole new combination of salty and sweet, try one of these brown butter desserts that take it to a whole other level.

1. Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles

The regular snickerdoodle cookie is already a thing of beauty on its own. But then combining it with a gooey salted caramel filling and a bit of salt to play off the brown butter...that's sinful. 

2. Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter Pie

chocolate
Phoebe Melnick

Ever have those days where you just want to dive headfirst into a giant jar of Nutella? Thankfully, this pie can throw you that lifeline, which will have you swimming laps for days. 

3. Oatmeal Baked Apples

Imagine: maple brown butter, toasted hazelnuts, stuffed with brown sugar oatmeal. You can all of that...even as a justifiable breakfast.

4. Cinnamon Brown Butter Breakfast Puffs

These may be small, but their addictiveness is mighty. They're the perfect hybrid between butter cake and doughnut holes.

5. Maple Browned Butter Bacon Cupcakes

cream cheese, buttercream, cake, cream
Kelda Baljon

Another all-time favorite salty and sweet flavor combination, but as a breakfast version: maple syrup and bacon. Experience this mashup not once but twice in this cupcake, because bacon is both in the moist maple cake and on top of the frosting as a crumble.

6. Brown Butter Sweet Potato Squares

A play on the classic sweet potato pie. With a rich shortbread, toasted pecans, browned butter, and a nutty base, these little sweet potato squares transform the tastes of the traditional dessert. 

7. Brown Butter Cinnamon Apple Scones

Kick off your mornings or fuel the rest of your afternoons with one of these toasty, golden, warm, buttery, pieces of perfection. This recipe is a magnificent mashup of crisp apples and cinnamons with a generous drizzle of brown butter glaze. 

8. Brown Butter & Sea Salt Rice Krispies Treats

chocolate, cereal, sweet, sprinkles, candy
Jamie Medina

These bring all the sweetness like the originals, but with a salty twist.

9. Brown Butter Triple Chocolate Blondies

Chewy, gooey, chocolate heaven. Brown butter, brown sugar, and three kinds of chocolate create a symphony of nutty, butterscotch-y sweetness.

10. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet

No need to go to BJ’s–you can make this brown butter pizookie right at home, and it tastes 100000x better.

11. Brown Butter Cinnamon Rolls

These are more than just your typical cinnamon rolls. With twice the amount of brown butter in both the cream cheese and the frosting, you can believe it'll be twice as delicious.

12. Cherry and Vanilla White Chocolate Tart

A most delicious brown butter tart shell filled with a simple white chocolate and vanilla bean cream and the perfect amount the cherries.

If you're looking to amp up your baked goods, try your hand at one of these brown butter desserts.