The smell of brownies wafting through your kitchen can make just about anyone salivate. Sure, store-bought brownie mix is great and all, but why not elevate it? I've got 11 of the best brownie mix-ins for you to bring your brownie game to the next level.

11. Cookie dough

chocolate, candy, brownie, sweet, cake
Sarah Teitelman

Cookies or brownies? Well, why not both? This recipe is perfect when you're feeling indecisive, because you get the best of both worlds: a rich fudge brownie and a buttery chocolate chip cookie. 

10. Walnuts

Walnuts and brownies are one of those classic combinations that never go out of style. You can't go wrong with these bad boys that taste like they've come straight out of grandma's oven.

9. Nutella

gif
Steven Shaltiel

Nutella is a gift from god, so why not put it in a brownie? Highly addictive and easy to make, you won't be able to stop eating these brownies. Added bonus: it's only three ingredients, so there are no excuses!

8. Marshmallows and Graham Crackers

peanut butter, chocolate, peanut, cookie, butter, brownie, marshmallow
Mikaela Orenstein

There is nothing more nostalgic than campfires in the summertime. However, now that you're in college it might not be possible to trek to the middle of the woods to make s'mores. Luckily, we've got you covered with these s'more brownies that you can make in your kitchen. 

7. Salted Caramel and Pretzels

Salted caramel, pretzels, and chocolate are great on their own. Now, put these ingredients in a fudgy brownie and you've got an irresistible treat packed with texture and flavor.

6. Fluffernutter

peanut, peanut butter, butter, chocolate, brownie, cookie
Chelsea Hawk

Fluffernutter, a hybrid of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff, is a childhood staple, but that doesn't mean you can't eat it now. Integrate some of this peanut-y, gooey magic into a mini brownie cup for a handheld dessert perfect for your next get-together or party.

5. Cream cheese 

You don't gotta fight with me at cheesecake about this. These cream cheese brownies are creamy and decadent—and also ridiculously photogenic.

4. Oreos

chocolate, candy, sweet, brownie, cream, goody, fudge, cake, milk
Meredith Ross

You've got a bag of Double Stuf Oreos, and you know if you don't do something with them, you're going to devour the entire thing in one sitting. So what do you do? Make fully loaded brownies with a layer of Oreos and loads of white chocolate chips. Though you might finish these brownies in one sitting, at least you burned some calories by stirring in the ingredients.

3. M&Ms

chocolate, cake, candy, sweet, goody, cream, pastry
Paige Marie Rodgers

Whenever I'd go to the supermarket with my Mom, I'd always beg her to buy me Cosmic Brownies. Topped with a heavenly chocolate ganache and M&Ms, they were the lunchtime snack. Avoid making the trek to the grocery store and make your own!

2. Matcha and white chocolate

Matcha is one of the most popular flavors right now, since it's aesthetically pleasing and a superfood. Put some matcha powder in your brownie batter with white chocolate and you've got an earthy and bitter bite perfect for the most adventurous and sophisticated palates.

1. More chocolate!

To round out the list, triple chocolate brownies, because there is no such thing as too much chocolate. With a chocolate base, chocolate chips infused in the batter and a ganache to top it off, you'll surely be ~chocolate wasted.~

Now, go out, conquer and try out some (or all) of these best brownie mix-ins. You won't be disappointed.