Turkey, stuffing, apple pie: the Thanksgiving classics. They all taste great, but sometimes you need to change things up at on Turkey Day. But where to start? Don't worry, we have you covered. Here are 10 unique Thanksgiving dishes to try this year.

Crispy Potato Stacks

These three words guarantee a mouth-watering, astounding addition to your meal. Bonus, Food Network's Crispy Potato Stacks  recipe comes with a video, making it easier to make than ever. And don't worry, this dish is creative enough that you can  still make those classic mashed potatoes you have been dreaming about. 

Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes

Who said you couldn't have more than one (or two, or three) potato dishes? Ina Garten's Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes recipe is definitely not one to leave off your list.  Creamy on the inside, crisp on the outside, and topped with cheese and chives, this unique dish will take your Thanksgiving menu to the next level.

Cauliflower Au Gratin

Who said cauliflower can't taste good? This cheesy goodness will not last the night and will have everyone coming up for seconds (and thirds). If you are feeling adventurous, you could even make it into a baked pasta.

Butternut Squash Soup

butternut squash soup, butternut squash, spoonful of soup, soup, cream, parsley, vegetable, bread, broth, garlic, herb
Julia Gilman

For a side dish that is not as heavy as mashed potatoes or a casserole, serve butternut squash soup. A bowl of this while sitting on the couch watching some football sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving.

#SpoonTip: Add some bacon crumbles on top for the ultimate flavor experience. 

Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms

These mushrooms make the perfect side dish. They are small but pack a lot of flavor between the sausage and garlic. Mushroom lovers will rejoice at the sight and aroma of this dish

Farro and Kale Fall Salad

On a health kick or have a guest trying to stay health through this holidays? Offer this healthy fall salad to offer a low-fat low-calorie option without sacrificing flavor.  

Apple, Leek, and Sage Stuffing

chicken
Liz Kaplan

This is not your typical out of the box stuffing. Instead, stuffing is taken to the next level by incorporating the sweetness of the apples with the savory flavor of the leeks and sage. You will not be able to put your fork down, trust me. 

Turtle Cheesecake

Forget the pie and try this rich dessert. There are plenty of recipes online, however sometimes it is best to leave it to the pros. Be sure to order this one in advance from your favorite local bakery. 

Caramel Cake

sweet, dough, wheat, coffee, bread, dairy product, cereal, milk, flour

A southern classic, caramel cake combines a yellow cake with thick caramel frosting. This will be sure to close out your meal with a bang!

#SpoonTip: Buy this frosting for the ultimate caramel cake. We won't tell if you tell your guests you made it.

Pumpkin Ice Cream

For an update on a Thanksgiving staple, try a pumpkin ice cream like this one from Trader Joe's. It literally tastes like pumpkin pie in ice cream form. And as an added bonus it is cheaper than pumpkin pie

So go to your local grocery store, load up on all of these ingredients, and head back to your kitchen to get cooking. It will surely be a Thanksgiving to remember!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!