Surprise! Spring break is fast-approaching, and with every college student's luck, it just so happens to fall weeks after Valentine's Day. And what is Valentine's Day without a plethora of fancy chocolates to indulge in? Don't worry— we're all guilty of resorting to a box of candy instead of making dinner (no, just me?) but that shouldn't stop you from feeling your best on the beach.

Shedding some last minute post-candy coma pounds is  actually easier than you think. Increasing your intake of protein is proven to help you lose weight naturally, and if you pair this with consuming less candy— BAM! You're all set. Eating more protein reduces cravings, can keep you fuller longer, and helps you burn more calories. Supermarkets carry a variety of tasty and nutritious options to make adding some extra protein into your life easier, and a lot of them are worth a shot. 

1. RXBAR

RXBAR cuts the nonsense when it comes to the ingredients in their delicious protein bars. Everything listed on the packaging is exactly what you'll be enjoying when choosing to unwrap one. These bars have been popping up in local supermarkets everywhere, so getting your hands on one of these simple and satisfying treats is no problem. Flavors such as chocolate sea salt, apple cinnamon, and peanut butter make is easy to pick one if you don't know which to reach for, and even easier to say no to the leftover candy piling up in your cabinet. 

Protein per serving: 12-15 grams.

2. Quest Bar

A personal favorite of mine, Quest Nutrition bars offer not only a pack of protein to keep you full throughout the day, but also a variety of flavors even better than candy. Quest bars contain less than 3 grams of sugar and between 4-5 grams of net carbs, leaving only room for the good stuff. With their recent launch of protein cookies, they really cater to an assortment of needs if you're looking for a perfect protein-filled snack. Some of my undeniable favorite flavors are cookies and cream, blueberry muffin, and oatmeal chocolate chip. 

Protein per serving: 20-21 grams.

3. NuGo Slim

NuGo Nutrition carries so many incredible options to combat your next ravenous chocolate craving, but nothing compares to their NuGo Slim bar. This powerful protein bar boasts non-GMO ingredients and all natural, low sugar content. Plus, they're vegan! Say goodbye to artificial sweeteners and a boatload of carbs to make up for it- NuGo Slim contains only 2-3 grams of sugar and a mere 5-6 grams of net carbs. If you're someone looking for variety and ways to mix up your protein intake, NuGo Slim is the perfect choice. 

Protein per serving: 16-18 grams.

4. Luna Protein

Luna Protein Bars are ideal for replacing your go-to candy bar thanks to flavors like chocolate sea salt caramel, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate chip cookie dough. They're gluten free and low caloric, making these the perfect addition to pick up next time you're out at your local supermarket. And if you're worried about having to remove your love for chocolate entirely before hitting the beach this spring break, have no fear— Luna bars are all made with real, natural chocolate. These tasty snacks are definitely worth a try!

Protein per serving: 12 grams.

5. Oatmega 

Oatmega bars are arguably one of my favorite protein bars on the market, and for good reason. They not only provide a generous amount of protein, but the additional omega-3s give these amazing bars (and your body) an extra boost beyond other protein-packed options. Omega-3s also are known to provide an increase in energy levels, so say goodbye to your routinely sugar-induced exhaustion. And if these bars weren't good enough, Oatmega is all organic, so if you're looking for a chocolate craving crusher a little more natural than your favorite Hershey's bar, this is the snack for you. 

Protein per serving: 14 grams

6. Power Crunch

Upon first trying these sensational protein bars, I realized how similar they were to a classic favorite candy, especially for Valentine's Day, Kit Kats. With Power Crunch, all the sugar, fat, and added chemicals that no one likes to think about consuming were wonderfully cut right out of the picture. Power Crunch bars are a tasty cream covered wafer snack that provides you with enough protein to push those tempting candy cravings out of your head. Flavors such as red velvet, peanut butter, and mocha creme are available to indulge in while doing your body a favor, too!

Protein per serving: 13 grams

7. Pure Protein

Pure Protein bars are perfect for a protein enthusiast on a budget, since these whopping 50 gram bars are available for only $2.19. They are readily available at almost every grocery store I've ever stepped into, so there's no need to even glance down the candy aisle. Just like their low price, Pure Protein's assortment of flavors like apple pie and chewy chocolate chip surely won't disappoint. Even with post-Valentine's Day chocolate sales, your spring break pictures will thank you for snagging a one of these delicious bars instead. 

Protein per serving: 18-31 grams.

So, next time you think about wandering towards your stash of Valentine's Day chocolate, remember how many incredible protein bar options are out there. With spring break just around the corner, there's no time to waste in choosing your next go-to snack!