Peanut butter and jelly, chocolate covered strawberries, mint and chocolate...all common food combinations, right? These might sounds normal to you now, but think about it...when they first came to be, I'm sure some people thought they were weird. I mean, can you imagine the first person to ever put peanut butter and jelly together? What were they thinking, and what went through their mind when they were doing it? I'm sure it didn't go viral immediately. Nevertheless, it became normal, and now this combo is appreciated by millions all over the world.

peanut butter, peanut, sandwich, butter, bread, jam, jelly, bit, wheat, slice, pb&j, peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Caroline Ingalls

With all the different flavors, tastes, and spices people are obsessed with nowadays, new food combinations are popping out of nowhere all the time. And they're not what you would consider the coolest thing in the world when you first hear about them. They're actually pretty strange...but don't knock them till you try them! Some of them are actually pretty good.

Here are 10 of the most unusual food combinations that might just take you by surprise. Which one will become your new obsession?

1. OREO Cookies Dipped in Orange Juice

You have definitely heard of OREO cookies dipped in milk, and have probably heard of OREO cookies combined with peanut butter (Where my Parent Trap fans at?). What about OREO cookies dipped in orange juice? Yes, you read that correctly. This definitely intrigued me when I first heard about it, and after mentally preparing myself and getting over the weirdness of this combination, I actually ended up being pleasantly surprised. The orange juice compliments the cookie very well! Even better: the orange flavor definitely tricks you into believing you are eating something that is actually good for you. It's a fruit, mom!

2. Cheetos and Milk

Oh, so you thought that the only thing that goes good with milk are OREO cookies, right? Turns out, the cookie's been beaten, because everyone is raging about eating Cheetos with milk. Although this sounds like really strange food combination, the neutral flavor of the milk doesn't overpower the cheesy and savory flavor of the Cheetos, making this combination actually taste good. You don't really taste a difference! It's almost like a cheesy cereal, and some people even dare to compare it to eating Captain Crunch. The more you know!

3. Frosted Flakes and Cheese

You know that feeling when you're craving nachos, only to find out you don’t have any chips? No worries! Dump a bag of Frosted Flakes cereal into a bowl and add some cheese (any kind). According to some people, the sweetness and crunchiness of the frosted flakes, combined with the savory cheese, make a great pair. The Frosted Flakes almost act like a bunch of crunched up nacho chips, tricking you into thinking you're eating the real thing. Want nachos on the go? Just cut up the cheese into pieces, mix it with some frosted flakes, and put it in a to-go bag. The perfect snack! Who needs chips, anyways?

4. Vanilla Ice Cream and Soy Sauce

What toppings do you put on your ice cream? I'm guessing you drizzle all the chocolate sauce on it. But have you ever tried it with soy sauce? Yes, soy sauce, as in what you put on your sushi. Hear me out: soy sauce and vanilla ice cream is an incredible combination. You might be thinking GROSS, but just think about it. The sweetness of the ice cream and the salty soy sauce blend so well together, it kind of makes the dish taste even better than it was before. Kind of like eating salty pretzels on ice cream, you know? Try this strange food combination out and experience it for yourself...and thank me later.

5. Pizza with Melted Chocolate Chips or Nutella

Let me guess: you love vegetable and pepperoni on your pizza. What about chocolate? Melted chocolate chips (or any chocolate) on pizza is said to be one of the weirdest yet most satisfying food combinations. I haven't dared myself to try it; I like my pizza savory. The chocolate mixed with the cheese and sauce just doesn't seem like it would mix, but try it and let us know what you think. Dessert pizza, anyone?

6. Fries with Honey

Most of us get in those weird moods sometimes where we really want something that's both sweet and salty. Perfect time to eat french fries dipped in honey, no? Think of it like eating fries with ketchup, but a just a heavier, more sugar-heavy ketchup, that came from a tomato that might have been way too sweet. This wacky combo will totally feed cravings, and who knows? It might end up being your favorite new combo. Never hurts to try it.

7. Apple Pie with Melted Cheese 

When I eat apple pie, I need to have a huge glob of vanilla ice cream on top. Maybe I should start having it with cheese instead? #Calcium, right? According to tasters, the sweet apple pie eaten with cheese creates an all-American masterpiece in your mouth. Sounds pretty tasty! Whether you put the cheese on the top, in the filling, or bake it into the crust of the pie, this combination is sure to make you hungry for more.

8. Waffles and Cream Cheese

Ok, this one isn't that weird; be honest. No syrup, honey, or peanut butter? No problem, just put some cream cheese on your waffle, and it will be just as amazing. It has the same texture as those additives, and if you want to sweeten it up, you can always mix it with some cinnamon and sugar. Interestingly enough, people that spread cream cheese on their waffles say that they grew up eating it this way! Must be good if this is the case. 

9. Apples with Salt and Pepper

I've heard of mango and salt. What about adding salt and pepper to your apples? Really takes the taste of an ordinary apple to another level. This combination, as weird as it is, is delicious. Apples are sweet, but green apples, for example, also have a hint of sour to them. Ground black pepper is bitter and has a mild heat, so really, adding a dash of salt and pepper to your apple slices will make them that much more flavorful. Totally might be a new favorite!

10. Avocado and Chocolate

Avocados are a creamy superfood and have quickly become America’s favorite fruit. Salads, sandwiches, toasts...it really seems like people are constantly trying to add avocado to just about everything. Just when you think you've seen it all, you get avocado with chocolate. At first, I grimaced, but then I thought about it. The creaminess and softness of an avocado totally makes it a perfect base for chocolate pudding, mousses, and brownies! I'm sure you can't even taste it either. Although it might sound strange, the recipes out there for avocado and chocolate desserts are truly endless. So if you love avocado and chocolate and want to make a healthy version of your favorite dessert, this combination is definitely worth a try.

Did any of these weird combination shock you? Don't let them weird you out! You never know what you'll end up liking, and knows? You might even start a new trend, making one of these food combos the new normal. Don't judge a book by its cover, friends.