Still haven’t heard the news? Yes, that’s right: Spoon University – the famous food publication run for students by students - is now in Aberdeen!

The name sounds familiar, but you’re not quite sure what it is? You’re probably already following the Facebook page (you and two million others, that is).

Now, let me tell you 10 reasons why YOU should become part of our Aberdeen team:

1. Join a community of fellow foodies

I love food. You love food. We love food.

Actually, we don’t just love talking about food. We also love making it. And let’s be honest: food is just the greatest way to bond with people. 

2. Gain first-hand experience

Get yourself out there. Joining our team means that you have the chance to develop knowledge and skills in a comfortable and student friendly environment. Whether you are interested in a marketing or editorial career, Spoon (and Secret Sauce - where all the superpower-training happens) really is the place to get you started on the right foot for your future job.

3. Become part of a worldwide network

cake, beer
Spoon University

It’s not just about us food lovers in the North-East of Scotland. It’s about ALL of us. Spoon is a platform that connects you to hundreds of chapters and thousands of students across the world. 

4. Express your creativity

Get artsy, go crazy. We are always looking for someone that likes thinking out-of-the-box.

And remember: there is not such a thing as bad idea. Not even chocolate with cheese.

5. Share your passion with others

Your perfect excuse to Instagram all your recipes and creations is right here. Discuss your ideas, brainstorm together with fellow Spoon members and just spread the word. You will soon not be able to stop talking about it. 

6. Discover Aberdeen food-scene

Someone gotta try all new restaurants and cafes, am I right?! Undertake the local food journey with us and enjoy the ride. Many adventures to come. 

7. Explore new interests

Ever wondered what Bangladeshi food testes like? Ever thought about how fun it’d be to be a fundraiser? The dynamic and flexible environment in our chapter aims at stimulating all your curious and ambitious souls out there.

We will help you to discover things you had never even thought you could be passionate about. 

8. Attend and organise cool events

Tag along and get involved. Potlucks, bake sales, international nights – you name it. After all, no food/friends/fun, no party.

Also, no good meeting ever happens without snacks. 

9. Eat and eat without anybody judging you for it

There is no limit to which each person’s stomach can take so go for it! Whether you are having ice-cream for breakfast or mixing broccoli with pesto, as long as you like it, our policy is: no judgement when it comes to food.

Unless it’s about pineapple on pizza: that’s still an open debate. 

10. WHY NOT? 

Sounds quite cool right!? All you gotta do now is applying to join our team! We are looking for fun and dynamic people interested in becoming Writers, Marketers, Photographers and – last but not least – Video-Producers for our Spoon-Aberdeen family.

Still got questions? Just message us.

We’ll be more than happy to tell you more about our amazing plans (and secret recipes!).

Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram to always know what we are up to!!