'Tis the season for hot chocolate, Christmas sweaters, and *cue dramatic music* EXAMS! When this time of year rolls around, I am faced with the almost-impossible task of deciding whether to go to the library and starve from my fear of eating loud food in public, or "study" at home, which usually turns into studying the contents of my fridge rather than my textbook. If you share this struggle with me, and shutter every time you hear someone going to town on their carrot sicks, this list of 10 quiet library snacks will keep the tummy rumbles and chewing noises at an all time low.

Mocha Almond Overnight Oats

These overnight oats are great for those morning study sessions when you still need a bit of caffeine to get you going. There's a bit of coffee in this recipe that gives you that initial burst of energy and then almond butter and oats to keep you fuelled for the long day ahead. Make it before you go to bed and you'll wake up with your snack ready to go!

Blueberry Muffins

If your snacking tastes are inclined to something a little more decadent and cozy, these bakery-style blueberry muffins are the perfect quiet library snack for anyone worried about noisy munching. 

Cinnamon Vanilla Protein Bites

If you're in need of something that packs more of a punch, these little balls of energy (literally) are filled with your favourite protein power, nuts, and oats, allowing you to concentrate on your work, instead of a grumbling stomach.

Banana and Nutella Sushi

Bananas always make a great quiet library snack, except for the awkward eye contact they seem to create when someone catches you taking a bite. These chocolatey wraps allow you to eat your banana in peace without anyone giving you dirty looks.

Salted Peanut Butter Cups

These salted chocolate peanut butter cups are perfect for mid-day snacking on the DL. They are super easy to make and if you freeze them, they can last months! Just pop them out of the freezer when you are ready to hit the library, and by the time you're in need of a snack, they'll be thawed and ready to enjoy!

Honey Mint Berry Salad

Fresh fruit is always a go-to when it comes to library snacks, but sometimes it can get pretty boring. This berry salad with a mint, honey, and lime dressing will put your elbow buddy's fruit salad to shame. The only thing they'll be annoyed with is that they didn't think of it first.

Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese Bagels

If you're like me and are allergic to a lot of things, you probably envy any one who is able to get one of CoGro's famous bagels and cream cheese. This amazing recipe for vegan cream cheese will have you curbing your jealousy and appetite. 

Pear Brie Balsamic Crostini

Pears, unlike apples, aren't too crunchy and won't have everyone turning their head when you take a bite. These crostini are perfect for a quiet lunch it the library. Use a soft bread or even a pita in this recipe to make this snack even more discrete. Shhhhhh!

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels

...and for all the vegans out there, this sun-dried tomato and basil pinwheel recipe is perfect! It's packed with flavour and won't have you scavenging for snacks an hour later.

Candied Fruit

If you're one to bring candy to the library, but are in need of a healthier alternative to the pound of gummy bears you plow through in a week, try candying your favourite fruits. These candied citrus peels give you that candy consistency without all the preservatives, and you can put all the orange peels we normally throw away to good use!

So to anyone still eating pretzels and banana chips at the library, put down the weapon of mass disruption and turn to this list of quiet library snacks that won't have heads turning or eyes rolling. Happy eating!