Bananas are a must-have item in my family's kitchen, and to be totally honest, I don't even think anyone actually loves the taste of them. I mean sure, they taste good in banana bread and whatever, but 10 times out of 10, I'm going to pick a bagel first. So with bagel in hand, I had to find ways to use up the surplus of bland bananas in my house. Let me further explain: Here are 11 life-changing banana hacks. 

1. Whitening Your Teeth

If you're looking to brighten those pearly whites, rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth right after you brush every day, and you’ll have a dazzling smile to show off in no time. The combination of potassium, manganese, and magnesium, in bananas works to whiten your teeth by eliminating stains, thus revealing the smile you always wanted.

2. Ripening Other Fruit 

During the ripening process, bananas release a plant hormone called ethylene that, when released in the presence of some other fruits, can trigger and speed up the ripening process for those plants. In simpler words, bananas can give your other fruits the little kick start they need to start ripening.

3. Relieve Itchy Bug Bites 

When it comes to poison ivy and mosquito bites, bananas are a great alternative to that mysterious anti-itch cream every mom seems to have in their medicine cabinet. Just rub the inside of the peel on your itchy spot and let the banana work its magic.

4. Help to Get Rid of Warts 

Cut a patch out of the banana peel that is large enough to cover your wart, tape and leave it on over night. This should help with specifically plantar, flat, and common warts.

5. Heal Bruises 

Bananas aren't the only things that get bruised! Ironically, bananas can help us to heal our own bruises faster. Similar to the wart remedy, cut a patch from the banana peel the size of your bruise, and tape it to your skin. 

6. Remove Splinters  

Also, similar to the remedy for warts and bruises, cut a small piece of banana peel and secure to your area of splinter. Leave it there over night and in the morning, the enzymes in the banana peel should’ve pulled the splinter out far enough to make it easy to remove.

7. Great for Composting/Fertilizing Plants

I don’t think it's any secret that bananas are good for composting and fertilizer. They are like the poster child for decomposing.

8. Leather or Silver Polish

For maximum results for silver, blend together a few banana peels and a dash of water and use the mixture as a polish by using a paper towel, rag, or toothbrush to clean up your jewelry or other silver products.

An easier route for silver, which can also be used for leather, is just to gently rub the inside of the banana peel on your silver or leather product and let the polish set in.

9. Attract Birds/Animals for Entertainment

Clearly a sweet treat, humans aren't the only ones who enjoy bananas. Leave a banana outside to attract birds, butterflies, and other local creatures for some window entertainment. Not to mention, bananas are dog-safe. You're welcome.

10. Exfoliation and anti-wrinkle face masks

Bananas can be a key ingredient in many face masks that promote skin health. Your skin will be left feeling fresh and moisturized.

11. Gift? 

Hey you never know. Look at this kid!

Now that you're ballin' out with all these banana hacks, you can stock up on the (semi) delicious fruit and have your self a day. For your sake, hopefully you won't need them to heal any bruises or bug bites anytime soon. Stay safe out there, kids!