Infused water or spa water has found its place in a number of diet plans as well as a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it help increase metabolism, but also it cleanses your system and gives a host of other benefits. 

Preparing infused water requires the most basic ingredients and is totally worth it because of its aesthetic appearance and of course, the taste and benefits. I, for one, switched to lemon infused water a month ago and I find it so refreshing that  I haven't looked back to normal water since.

Benefits

1. Increases metabolism, hence helps to reduce excess weight 

2. Removal of harmful toxins from the body and blood purification

3. Balancing the ph level of the body

4. Keeps the skin healthy and glowing 

5. Improves mood and keeps one energetic

6. If you feel lethargic in the morning or throughout the day and feel too lazy to get out of bed, infused water will help you restore your energy levels and keep you on your feet.

7. If you use herbs like basil or mint, the water will give you other added health benefits too. 

It should be kept in mind that a lot of benefits of infused water depend on the ingredients you use. Here's a list of 10 types of infused water you can try and make, depending upon your taste. The list does not end here, you can add whatever you like to the water for a personal touch too.

Infused Water Top Picks

1. Apple, carrot, lemon

Add two slices of apple, half a dozen slices of carrot and one large slice of lemon to one litre water to get a fruity and nutritious drink

apple, candy, sweet
Kristine Mahan

2. Strawberry, lemon, mint  

Three slices of strawberry, one large slice of lemon and 5-6 fresh mint leaves added to one litre water give you a hydrating as well as energizing drink

mint, ice, sweet, lemon, juice, cocktail, water, herb

3. Orange slices and lime

Add three slices of orange and 2 slices of lime in one litre water to get an orange flavoured spa water that not only purifies your blood but also gives the skin a natural glow

ice, cocktail, juice, tea, sweet, liquor, iced tea, lemon, alcohol
Kristine Mahan

4. Apple, cinnamon stick  

Along with the nutrients that apple provides, cinnamon happens to spice up the water a bit adding a little flavour to your daily routine.

apple, juice, cider, sweet, tea
Anna Arteaga

5. Lemon, mint, ginger, cucumber

One large slice lemon, 5-6 fresh mint leaves, sliced ginger and half a dozen slices of cucumber added to one litre water make the best combination to give you purified blood, glowing skin, keeps you hydrated as well as provide for a tasty and super healthy infused water recipe

cucumber, vegetable, juice, water, lemon
Caitlin Johnson

6. Grapefruit, rosemary

Add a few rosemary leaves and stems to one litre water along with one large slice of grapefruit

juice, sweet, citrus, lemon, grapefruit
Alexandra Tringali

7. Basil leaves, lemon

Basil leaves are known to strengthen the immune system as well as clean out any toxins from the body and lemon adds to the flavour and hydration to keep the body cool and energized

juice, sweet, lemon, mint, lemonade, citrus, cream

8. Lemon, raspberry, mint

Adding these will help you get out of feeling lethargic all the time, it will give a mild flavour to the water and also keep you hydrated

grass, berry, raspberry, sweet
Maddie Cleeff

9. Orange, mint

2 large slices of orange and a few fresh mint leaves added to one litre water give you a tasty and healthy drink to keep you on your feet. This drink is great to cure hangovers too!

lemon, ice, cocktail, peach, mint, strawberries, Sangria
Carolyne Su

10. Watermelon, strawberry

For a juicy yet hydrating twist add a few slices of watermelon and strawberry to one litre water and enjoy the fruity flavour while it secretly cleanses out your system and purifies your blood

Detox Water, strawberry cucumber water, cucumber, strawberry, summer drinks
Victoria Howsare

Go ahead and mix and match anything you find to create your own detox water, and enjoy its numerous benefits!