A college student's coffee intake reaches an all time high in the week leading up to exams. Sometimes a single cup of coffee just won't do the trick though, and you need a little boost to help get you going. When you reach the point of coffee saturation, it's a good idea to have a backup plan. Caffeine is now available through multiple sources that deliver balanced energy without the crash, as well as in easy, to-go forms. So here's a list of 10 caffeinated snacks that'll give you the energy to ace that test.

1. Coffee Chocolate RX Bar

RX bars are one of the trendiest protein bars available– a whole food protein bar with minimal and clean ingredients that are gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free. Whether you're looking for a healthy breakfast, snack on-the-go, or a protein bar that's actually as good for you as it says it is, these RX bars are the perfect way to get a tiny boost of energy with 5mg of caffeine. 

2. Awake Chocolate Bar

Calling all chocolate lovers – this chocolate bar satisfies those intense cravings while also giving you the energy to power through that boring lecture or long exam. Awake chocolate bars come in three flavors: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel chocolate, with each bar equaling the amount of caffeine you'd get from a cup of coffee. This is one tasty way to wake up.

3. Pro Bar Peanut Butter

Pro Bar has created the perfect pick-me-up snack for you to eat on the go. This snack is full of healthy fats from peanuts and coconut oil, and as an added bonus — each pouch contains 25 mg of caffeine from yerba mate tea. This caffeinated snack can be eaten alone or is great in overnight oats or smoothies. 

4. Go Cubes Chewable Coffee

Wait, you can chew coffee? That's right, these chewable cubes are made with caffeine and L-theanine (a chemical found in green tea that promotes relaxation and concentration). Go cubes are "similar in texture to sour patch kids, but taste just like a mocha, latte, or plain ol' drip coffee depending on which flavor you buy," Each cube has 50 mg of caffeine and is a quick and easy way to get a boost of energy.

5. Yerba Mate

Yerba Mate is a nutrient rich herbal tea with "the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate."  This refreshing tea contains 85 mg of caffeine per cup and provides stable energy without the typical side effects of coffee (jitters, crashing, difficulty sleeping). Guyaki brand Yerba Mate comes in a variety of flavors including Revel Berry, Lemon Elation, and Enlighten Mint.

6. Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans

Dark chocolate espresso beans are my favorite late night snack to indulge in while studying for an exam. The smooth dark chocolate paired with the crunch of the espresso bean is both satisfying and energizing. Why drink a mocha when you can eat this chocolatey, caffeinated snack instead?

7. Coconut Water Coffee

Coconut water is naturally high in potassium, electrolytes, and is a tasty way to rehydrate. Vita Coco Café created a delicious product that combines coconut water with a strong shot of espresso and a splash of milk. This caffeinated drink is an easy way to replenish electrolytes while also getting a boost of energy.

8. Big Slice Kettle Cooked Apples

From its appearance, you would not think this snack contains caffeine. Like me, I'm sure you've seen this snack in the aisles of grocery stores countless times but never thought anything of it. However, this fruit pouch is loaded with 30 mg of caffeine coming from green coffee extract. Wholesome ingredients, low-calorie, energizing, and a great source of fiber – this snack is the real deal.

9. Intelligentsia Espresso Ice Cream

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream paired up with Intelligenstia Coffee Roasters to make a rich and creamy caffeinated dessert. This treat is made by steeping ground Intelligentsia Black Cat espresso beans in freshly churned Jeni's cream, and the finished product is a fresh ice cream that's every coffee lover's dream. If you sign up for their pint club, you may just find this ice cream waiting at your door step right when you need it.

10. Barnana Chewy Coffee Banana Bites

Barnana Chewy Coffee Banana Bites combine the popular snacks of bananas and coffee to make a sweet treat with a kick of caffeine. Each serving has caffeine levels equivalent to one cup of coffee, and they taste like a frappuccino.

Whether you rely on caffeine to get you out of bed in the morning or to fuel your late night cram-study session, these 10 caffeinated snacks will be your new go to for a caffeine fix. Load up on these snacks and keep them in your bag for a quick and clean boost of energy on the way to class.