1. Satsuma Café

Located on Maple Street and Dauphine Street, Satsuma Café is a great stop for an allergy friendly brunch. Satsuma's menu offers allergy-friendly options and is open every day from 9:30-3:00. 

For those who are gluten free, Satsuma offers the choice to substitute gluten free bread with any of the sandwiches or toasts.

For those who are dairy free, Satsuma offers vegan cheese to substitute on any of their menu options. There are also alternative milk options such as almond milk and oat milk that can be substituted in coffees. 

For those who are vegan or vegetarian, there is a vegan cheese option, as well as alternative milk options that can be ordered as a substitute. There are also two vegan-specific menu options for customers to order which include the vegan burrito and the vegan grilled cheese.

2. BearCat Café

Located right off of Feret Street on Jenna Street, Bearcat Café is the one-stop destination for all things allergy friendly. All items on the menu are labeled with what dietary restrictions they fit under, allowing for customers to easily navigate the foods they can and cannot eat. There are also, options for substitution available, allowing people to enjoy the food they want without the hassle.

V = Vegan | VEG - Vegetarian | GFA = Gluten Free Available

3. Rollin n' Bollin Café

Rollin n' Bowlin is a great stop for allergy friendly options for students walking to and from classes. Located right on McCallister Way, Rollin n' Bowlin cultivates a safe and enjoyable eating experience for those who live with dietary restrictions

For those who are gluten free, all of the granola used on the bowls at Rollin n' Bowlin are naturally gluten free. There are also gluten free bread options available for all of the toasts offered on the menu.

For those who are dairy free, all of the smoothies and bowl are made with an alternative milk base, such as almond milk or coconut water. All of the toast orders are able to be altered, so customers are able to take off certain items, such as feta cheese.

For those who are vegan or vegetarian, all of the smoothies and bowls are made with a milk alternative such as almond milk or coconut water, In addition, all of the toasts are fit to be altered so customers to take off certain items from a specific order, such as chicken, honey, or feta cheese

4. Seed

Seed is located on Prytania Street and offers an allergy friendly, plant-based dining experience for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seed provides a healthy alternative for comfort food classics in a contemporary space.

Seed's menu provides a key at the bottom of each meal's menu, as well as a disclaimer for safe eating practices. Seed offers safe foods for several different allergies, including gluten, peanut, tree nut, soy, and wheat.

5. Breads on Oak

Breads on Oak is a great stop for allergen friendly food in New Orleans. The restaurant is catered specifically to vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, and dairy free people, but has options for all. The menu provides the list of ingredients after every menu item, ensuring that each customer can safely navigate the menu.

For those who are gluten free, Breads on Oak provides a specific menu that is strictly gluten free that also accommodates other dietary restrictions. The menu options range from all meals of the day, including dessert.

For vegans and vegetarians, Breads on Oak have a plethora of options to choose from. 

For those who are dairy free, all vegan options on the menu are also applicable. Additional questions and accommodations are available upon request.

6. Kindred

Located on Maple Street, Kindred is a great spot for allergen friendly foods. The menu offers a variety of different options across all allergen accommodations.

For those who are gluten free, an a-strict (*) is placed next to each menu item that can be prepared gluten free. There are several options across all different meals. There are also specific menu options that are prepared specifically for those who are gluten free.

For those who are vegan or vegetarian, there are specific menu options that accommodate both dietary needs. Additional accommodations are available upon request to the server.

For those who are dairy-free, all vegan options are suitable for ordering off the menu.

7. Meals From the Heart Café

Located at the Historic French Market, Meals From the Heart Cafe is a great stop to experience New Orleans culture, as well as allergy friendly options

For those who are gluten free, there are several different options across all three meals that are available for accommodations. Some of the menu items are naturally gluten free, while others are made to be altered to a gluten free alternative.

For those who are vegan and vegetarian, there are several options across the menu that are both naturally vegan, as well as available for accommodations to fit the vegan restrictions

For those who are dairy free, all vegan options are available for dairy free customers. Some items are naturally dairy free, while others are customizable to fit the dairy free restrictions

8. Café Carmo

Located in the Warehouse District of New Orleans, Café Carmo offers several different allergy friendly menu options. Each of the menu items is labeled with the dietary restrictions it follows, allowing for easy navigation for customers. Café Carmo serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so you can never miss out!

All items on the menu are specifically labeled with the dietary restrictions they fit into. 

V = Vegan | VEG = Vegetarian | GF = Gluten Free

9. True Food Kitchen

Located on St. Charles Street, True Food Kitchen is a great destination for all allergy friendly meals of the day. All of the menu options are customizable to accommodate any allergy preference, as well as diet programs, including keto and paleo. All accommodations are available by request. Each menu item is specifically labeled to the dietary restrictions they fit in, allowing customers to navigate the menu easier.

V = Vegan | VEG = Vegetarian | GF = Gluten Friendly

10. Blaze Pizza

Blaze Pizza is an allergy friendly, make-you-own, customizable pizza parlor that caters to all people regardless of allergies. Blaze provides an array of different alternatives for people who are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian.

For those who are gluten free, all salads are gluten free. Blaze offers three options for gluten free crust: keto crust, gluten free dough, and cauliflower crust. The garlic pesto sauce, red sauce, spicy red sauce, and white cream sauce are all gluten free, and safe for those with gluten allergies to eat. All of the cheese topping options are gluten free, along with nearly all of the other topping options

For those who are dairy free, there are three dough options available: classic dough, gluten free dough, and the high rise dough. The red sauce and spicy red sauce are dairy free, along with the vegan cheese, and nearly all of the additional toppings

Vegan and vegetarians are provided with an array of options to choose from. The classic dough, gluten free dough, and high-rise dough are all vegan and vegetarian, along with eh red sauce and spicy red sauce. Blaze offers vegan cheese as a topping, and offer an arrangement of vegetables as additional toppings

And if you are looking for great brunch locations for vegans, check out our list here

And if you are looking for great dessert places for dietary restrictions, check out our list here