Picture this: The dining hall is offering beef stroganoff again tonight, with meat you’re not sure is even beef. You’re sick of eating the same meals over and over again due to a lack of choices on campus. Yet, at the same time, you’re hesitant to go out to eat and risk making a big dent in your already dwindling college student budget. I’ve been there. We all have. Not to fear, your personal guide to the best weekly restaurant deals in Binghamton is here. 

Monday

Burger Mondays: $5 Burgers 

cheese, meat
Kate Bentsen

With $5 burgers on Mondays, this downtown Binghamton business fully embodies its name. Make sure to ask for bar sitting, though, in order to take advantage of this special, and somewhat secretive, deal. All of Burger Monday's burgers are made from scratch, using a variety of freshly ground meats that will leave you never wanting a Big Mac again; even the fries are hand-cut and the pickles home-made. Bonus points should be awarded to Burger Mondays for having the option of gluten-free buns as well. At Burger Monday's, they understand that quality should never be sacrificed, and neither should your wallet. 

Tuesday 

Garage Taco Bar: Taco Tuesday 

Kayla Jimenez

Their saying is "Tacos and good vibes" and that's exactly what you'll get at Garage Taco Bar, especially on Tuesdays with their $2 Taco Specials. $2 can get you a classic pair of flip flops at Old Navy, a hot dog in New York City, and, it can get you an amazing taco at Garage Taco Bar. My personal favorites have to be the carnitas and the steak taco. The carnitas taco has a bright hint of citrus, accompanied by a refreshing pineapple pico de gallo, and the steak taco is always tender, with sweet, caramelized onions and a zesty chimichurri. If you're not a meat-eater, Garage offers a fair share of creative, vegetarian options, including a fried cauliflower taco, their version of al pastor using seitan, and a tofu taco that tastes just like chorizo.   

The Colonial: $5 Burger

On any other day, a burger at The Colonial, one of Binghamton's most popular downtown destinations, can cost anywhere from $10 to $14. $5 for an acclaimed, award-winning Colonial burger is a total steal. It's the perfect time to indulge in one of their inventive burgers that you wouldn't otherwise try. At first, the idea of a PB&J burger hybrid doesn't seem to make any sense at all. But, after just one taste, The Colonial's peanut butter and jelly burger had me hooked. The addition of bacon and brie made this sweet and savory burger well worth $5 and made me a believer.  

Wednesday 

Texas Roadhouse: Wild West Wednesdays 

steak, meat, barbecue, beef, fillet, asparagus, sirloin, pepper, pork
Joyce Zhan

Never heard of Texas Roadhouse? I hadn't either until my sophomore year when I finally stumbled upon this humble steakhouse, located right in front of the entrance to campus. I mean, who knew?! On Wednesdays at Texas Roadhouse, you can get an 8 oz sirloin topped with grilled shrimp and your choice of two sides for just $10.99. It sounds to good to be true, but it's 100% legit, and 100% delicious. Their green beans, one of the many sides dishes you can get with this meal, are addicting; they're stewed with bacon and onions and absolutely to die for. 

Throughout the rest of the week, if you head head over to Texas Roadhouse any time before 6:00 p.m., you can take advantage of their early-dine option, which gives you the choice of a select 12 entrees (with two sides, of course) for just $9.99. Don't forget about their house-made rolls with cinnamon butter, even though you might not be able to finish your steak after eating one (or four) of these. 

Thursday

The Colonial: $5 Wings and $3 Yuengs 

beer, coffee, espresso
Michelle Miller

In addition to their down-right delicious takes on the classic burger, The Colonial is also known for its wings- and its drinks. Every Thursday, you can sample some of their infamous wings and their Yuengling beers on tap, as long as you're 21 for the latter, of course. You can chose from a variety of six different wing sauces, ranging anywhere from "bang bang" to their newest addition, Korean bbq. The "house" sauce, though, is a must-try. It is a Colonial staple that has been featured at the annual Binghamton Wingfest and it is everything that you could possibly want out of a good wing sauce: sweet, spicy, and just a 'lil sticky. 

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Rolandos: Weekend Breakfast on a Budget  

egg, bacon, toast, fried egg, scrambled, hash
Zoe Denenberg

On the weekends, greasy breakfast food the morning after a night out downtown is always the move. Rolando's is a small mom and pop diner on Court Street that's cash only, but so inexpensive that you wouldn't even need to pay with a credit card to begin with. An entire plate of two sausage links (or bacon or ham) with three eggs, home-fries, and toast is only $4.86. You're not going to find a breakfast as cheap or as good anywhere else. #ProTip: get their chocolate milk, too. I don't know how they do it, but I swear Rolando's chocolate milk is something special. It's the perfect ratio of milk to chocolate, a feat often unachievable by others.

So, when you're just not feeling the mystery meat entree at the dining hall, don't settle for another meal of cereal for dinner.  Binghamton restaurants are rife with cheap, good eats that will go easy on your bank account and satisfy your hunger cravings. You just need to know where and when to look!