Breakfast has always been considered by many to be the most important meal of the day. But if we're being honest here, most of us are guilty of skipping out on it to sleep in, get to class on time, or even just because we're not huge fans of breakfast foods.

In order to change our breakfast-eating habits, we have to find a way to make the morning meal a little more enjoyable for ourselves. And if there's one food that makes people happy, it's cookies—specifically, Oreo cookies.

So if you can't get enough of milk's favorite cookie, and want to kick your breakfast-skipping habits to the curb this year, then feel free to try any of these ways of incorporating Oreos into your daily breakfast routine.

1. Put Oreos in Pancakes

Pancakes are known for their fill-ins. (Chocolate chip pancakes, FTW.) So why not mash up your regular buttermilk pancakes with Oreos for a change?

2. Crush Up Oreos and Mix Them in Oatmeal

As nutritious as oatmeal is, it's hard to finish a bowl of it without adding a little something extra. Next time, instead of forcing yourself to eat it plain, crush up a few Oreo cookies to add a hint of flavor.

3. Make Oreo Granola Bars

If you're always on the go and can't control your serious sweet tooth, then make these Oreo granola bars for the perfect quick-to-grab breakfast every morning.

4. Add Crushed-Up Oreos to Yogurt

coffee, chocolate
Cherie Litvin

Vanilla yogurt is, well...vanilla. So why don't you crush up some Oreos like you did for your oatmeal the other morning and swirl them in?

#SpoonTip: Save the mess of crushing up your Oreo cookies by buying a pack of YoCrunch at the grocery store.

5. Make a Cookies n' Cream Protein Shake

Cookies n' Cream milkshakes are always a crowd pleaser, and cookies n' cream protein shakes are well in the same boat.

The only difference is, you can have the protein shake for breakfast.

6. Bake Oreo Muffins

Muffins are usually considered the boring version of a cupcake. But with Oreos inside? They're so good they don't even need frosting.

7. Put Oreos in Waffles

Yes, Oreo waffles are a thing. And just like their pancake counterpart, they taste way better than your average plain-batter breakfast.

8. Make Oreo O's Cereal

goody, cream, milk, coffee, candy, sweet, chocolate
Arden Sarner

Unfortunately, Oreo O's have been discontinued for a while now, holding most of us back from winning the breakfast game.

However, if you have enough time on your hands, you can make the cereal right in your own kitchen, and relive the '90s like the cool kid that you are.