A diverse bread, bagels come in many different flavors and many different spreads and toppings. If you want to learn more about how bagels first came to be, check out this article about the history of bagels. If you just want to appreciate the wonderful food bagels are, read on for some inspiration on how to have a bagel at every meal, snacks and dessert included! 

Breakfast

What better way to start your day than with a toasted everything bagel with mashed avocado, cheese, fried egg, tempeh or bacon, and sprouts? Don’t forget the seasoning! Add some Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel seasoning on your egg or just salt and pepper for a classic taste. 

Lunch

For lunch have a savory bagel like poppyseed with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Other great bagel flavors include herbed bagels like dried tomato and basil, rosemary and thyme, oregano, or garlic and sea salt!

Snack

Try half a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, peanut butter, sliced banana, and extra raisins! Add a dash more cinnamon on top of the cream cheese for heightened flavor. 

Dinner

Have a seeded or pumpernickel bagel with roasted eggplant or a bean burger. Top with feta cheese or vegan herbed cream cheese spread, spinach, and roasted red pepper and garlic aioli. Yum! 

Dessert

Have half of a chocolate chip bagel with nut butter or Nutella and fresh raspberries. Top with shredded coconut or extra chocolate chips! 

If you want to try making your own bagels, check out this recipe. Otherwise hit up your favorite bagel place and get whatever your heart desires!