St. Patrick's day isn't just a holiday where we all wear green and get white girl wasted out of our minds. This holiday is a lot more in depth than it may appear, (no I am not shaming you for drinking green brew and bar crawling until the butt crack of dawn.. in fact, I applaud you). St. Patrick's day is in celebration of Ireland's patron saint who spread Christianity throughout Ireland and is celebrated in various ways around the world. Here are some events going on in the area that will keep you right on track to honoring Patty's day the right way, but before we start, you need to know how to properly shotgun a beer!

Sham-Rock Booze Cruise & Beach Party

On March 17th starting at 6:30 P.M. head over to Crabby's Beachwalk Bar & Grill on 25 Causeway Blvd to celebrate their annual Patty's day party with The Tropics Boat Tours, where you can get UNLIMITED BEER and a FREE SHOT if you wear green attire! Tickets are only $35 dollars and you must be 21+ to participate. If you're not sure what kind of beer you may like, check out How to Decode Types of Beer to get an idea of what hops and ales you think you'd enjoy gulping down this Friday.

Peggy O's Kitchen & Taps St. Patrick Weekend Celebration

If you're up north in the Palm Harbor area you can join the 3 day party at Peggy O's to enjoy live music with The Dunedin Pipe Band, face painting, complete liquor stations and beer trucks. There will be corned beef, shep pie and cabbage to bring in this holiday the right way. No, you don't have to pay for parking here.

Barley Mow Brewing St. Punktrick's Day

Barley Mow Brewing and The Raven will be hosting their own party starting at 12pm on the 17th which will include corned beef sliders, brewer's pie and all the Jameson specials you can imagine. Bill Howard will be on the bag pipes from 3-4PM and will be followed by Rockabilly fun with The Hot Rod Hornets shutting down the night from 8-11PM. It's first come first served and they will be supplying all the food and fun until there is no more to be had.

2017 Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade

Although it's not local in Pinellas county, if you are fortunate enough to be in Chicago during this weekend, make sure you check out the Chicago River flowing with green vegetable dye. Afterwards you can join the 42nd annual Forever Green kick off at 6:30pm which is hosted by Young Irish Fellowship Club where tickets are $60 and you can indulge yourself in Irish music, dancing, food and beer of course. This event will begin at 6:30pm and you don't want to miss it!  

Wherever you decide to go party in honor of the patron saint St. Patrick, do it in style and wear green clothes.. not green puke chunks. Lastly, here are some suggestions on what to eat to prevent a hangover, believe me.. it'll come in handy.