How often do you truly know what you put on your face? I don't know about you, but I don't worry much about what I am putting on my face when I see a title like "Revive your skin" or "Revitalize like new". I get drawn in by the sleek design and catchy phrase of a face mask that I do not spend even a minute looking at the ingredients on the back. This is quite a bad habit, but bad habits die hard, right? Wrong. I am fixing this habit by learning to understanding what should and should not be put on my skin to keep it truly "revitalized" so I don't have to "revive". 

This article will focus in on natural products that are great for your skin. These products are so easy to come by that you could walk into your cafeteria to find the ingredients. Want to make face masks from food? Here are some of the best recipes for success! 

1. Banana Mask

sweet, dairy product
Delissa Handoko

This face mask is super easy and accessible at Clurg or your closest kitchen! All you have to do is mash one half of a banana with a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey, and voila! You have yourself a natural and gentle face mask.

2. Honey Orange Juice Mask

juice, sweet, cocktail, milk, orange juice, smoothie, tea, ice

If you want to start your day with a naturally brightened face, use this face mask. In order to make this honey orange juice dream, mix three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter of a cup of honey. Your face will thank you later after this vitamin C boost.

3. Oatmeal Mask

porridge, cereal, milk, sweet, oatmeal, muesli, granola, oatmeal cereal, rice
Christin Urso

Is your skin showing signs of stress and lack of sleep? Great news! Oatmeal is a simple fix to many problems, and your skin loves it. For this face mask mix oatmeal with hot water, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, and one small egg white. You skin will feel cool, calm, and collected! 

4. Yogurt Face Mask

blueberry, smoothie, yogurt, berry
Jessica Farber

This face mask is the easiest of them all. You simply have to slather some plain yogurt on your face, and it works its magic! You can also add some orange juice or lemon juice if you want some variety and that extra kick of vitamins and nutrients your skin so desires. 

5. Lemon Face mask

lemon, juice, citrus, lime
Sarah Silbiger

This lemon face mask is good for detox and exfoliation after a long day of the grit and grind. For this mask, mix the juice of one lemon with a quarter of a cup of olive oil. After this you face will feel brand new. 

For all of these naturally beautiful masks, make sure to leave them on your skin for 10 to 15 minute and rinse off with hot water. Next time you are in search of a snack, explore your options to mix up your skin care routine with things readily available to you. Happy masking!