It's almost that time of year again - the World Series!

If you're not a sports fan, hear me out. The World Series is a perfect excuse to get together with your friends and watch this American classic.  You can cheer on your favorite team, yell at umpires on your TV, or just stare at 6'7" players in tight pants (I'm looking at you, Aaron Judge).  It's all up to you.

Plus, you don't have to limit yourself to a typical tailgate. Here are some great ways to class up any World Series get together

1. Appetizers are a must

A simple place to start with any kind of party planning is (obviously) with food.  But your World Series party shouldn't be all about potato chips and pretzels. We can do better.

ham, meat, bacon, pork, salami, prosciutto, sausage, antipasto, platter, beef
Parker Dean

Lately, I've been inspired by my fellow foodie friends to invest in a charcuterie board. I mean who doesn't love smoked gouda with tomato. Or, perhaps, prosciutto with a light parmesan? Don't be afraid to chow down on this bougie classic while watching your favorite player round the bases after a game-tying home run.

2. Get creative with your cocktails

There's no rule that says warm beer and soda are required for a World Series party.  So, why not seize the opportunity to experiment with a new cocktail recipe straight off Pinterest?  

This is a great opportunity to awaken your inner hipster. You can create an original recipe inspired by your favorite player, or even color your drinks to match the uniforms of your hometown team. The opportunities are endless!

cocktail
Alison Cassidy

3. Prepare a real meal

It may be easy to order a pizza or grill up some hot dogs for your guests.  Instead, demonstrate your classy ways to your friends and prepare a full meal. Just like your cocktails, this is a great way to try your hand at a new recipe.  And isn't Major League Baseball *technically* an international sport (looking at you, Blue Jays)?  Inspire and impress your guests with some foreign cuisine, and add a new dimension to your party.

4. Decorate your space

No, this one isn't food related.  But decorating your space is another great way to add personal touches to your party.  I'm not talking about paper plates and napkins printed with franchise logos.  Take this opportunity to up your aesthetic game and go all in with your best dishes and include some fairy lights.  I promise, your Instagram will thank you.

5. Wine and dine at your team's stadium

While it's definitely fun to have your World Series party in the comfort of your home, dining at your favorite team's stadium is an experience of its own. While most of the menu options include chicken fingers and hot dogs, with a little exploring you can probably find yourself an almost-five-star meal 

Lucy Carlisle

Born and raised in New York, I will always have a place in my heart for the Yankees. The new Yankee Stadium has an extensive range of dining options—everything from hand-cut steak sandwiches from Loebel's of NY to fresh Farmer's Market produce.  If you're feeling extra bougie, try the Audi Yankee's Club restaurant.  The venue includes a seasonal tasting menu, as well as champagne, draft beer, and your new favorite Chardonnay.

Hold the peanuts and cracker jacks!

With the World Series quickly approaching, you can finally be equal parts sporty and bougie. A festive party is a great way to celebrate the end of baseball season with all your friends around you.  So, no matter who you're rooting for, make sure you remember these tricks to throw a unique and memorable get together.  See you on October 24th.